French developer Headbang Club has today unleashed an all-new trailer for the post-apocalyptic, zombie slayin’ rhythm shoot-em-up Double Kick Heroes, digging into the Robert Rodriguez-inspired backstory behind all the heavy metal mayhem.
Merging face-melting heavy metal rhythm riffs with a high-octane, zombie-crushing shoot ’em up, Double Kick Heroes is unlike any game you’ve seen before. Inspired by the worlds of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino (From Dusk til Dawn, Grindhouse, Machete), players lead their band on an explosive road trip through the wasteland blasting zombies with their Gundillac and crushing them with the divine power of METAL. The game will pack in 30 songs (18 for Early Access, 30 for final release), half a dozen chapters of adventures and a community level editor that will allow any music to be played to the soothing rhythm of exploding zombie skulls.
- Double kick zombies in the face with insane metal music! Can you keep up?
- 18 face-melting metal songs (30 at final release) by legendary video game AND metal composer, Elmobo.
- Import your own music, play community designed tracks, edit your favorite songs and share challenges!
- A killer, Robert Rodriguez infused background story all about being weird and living for Sex, Drugs and Heavy Metal.
- Explosions, rebels, militias, undead, road-rage, madness, apocalypse! Nothing the Gundillac can’t handle on the fury road! Hell yeah!
- The ONLY rock and metal rhythm game on Steam!
Double Kick Heroes will be available on Steam in Early Access for Windows PC on April 11, 2018.
About Headbang Club
Created in December 2015, Headbang Club is Gyhyom, Blackmagic, and Elmobo. Three game developer pals who decided to make a crazy, explosive rhythm game with a Tarantino and Rodriguez feel. They published Double Kick Heroes and after receiving a ton of positive feedback they decided to make it a bigger game.