Independent games development studio 3DIVISION release Content Update #1 for Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic on Steam today.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is a real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon set in an imaginary communist country in Eastern Europe. It has become an immense success since it was launched back in March becoming the best-selling new game of this genre in 2019.
This update of Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic puts a spotlight on the means of transportation. Among other features, it actually allows you to build car park infrastructures, manufacture vehicles in car plant factories, and export them to foreign countries.
“With this new patch of Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic, personal cars inspired by old models from from the Eastern bloc will be available within the game. We also added several new trucks, trams and trains”.Peter Adamcik, CEO and Programmer at 3DIVISION.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is currently released in Early Access and it will remain like that for around 20 months more. New types of transportation, new vehicles, new buildings, and new gameplay mechanics will be integrated during this period of time.
New Features in Content Update #1
- Benefit from the new mechanics for personal cars.
- Construct car park infrastructures.
- Produce road vehicles in car plant factories by managing resources and manufacturing automobiles.
- Distribute cars to the citizenship in car dealing centres.
- Export self-produced cars to foreign countries.
- Provide new vehicles, trains and trams to your city.
- New trucks, trams and trains inspired by models manufactured in Poland, Romania, Czechoslovakia and other Eastern bloc countries.
- Check all your stats per city/area in the city hall.
- Manage all aspects of your own republic with planned economy, including mining resources, manufacturing goods, construction, investments, and citizens too.
- Create your own industrial complexes with loading and unloading stations, storage, warehouses, and factories.
- Build the infrastructure and manage its traffic, including roads, railways, sidewalks, conveyors, wiring, and pipelines. Wisely place and connect factories, houses and warehouses, and make the most efficient connections.
- Plan and build the living areas with everything your citizens may need to live their happy life, such as playgrounds, cinema s, taverns, and shops.
- Send your citizens to the mine to get coal, iron and other natural resources; or send them to the fields to pick up the crops; or take them to factories to produce manufactured goods.
- Sell and purchase resources and goods from western countries or other soviet countries to get dollars or rubles and buy the products or resources you need… or invest in new infrastructure or buildings.
- Enjoy authentic soviet buildings and vehicles, as well as realistic landscapes of the 60’s to the 90’s.
- Play the way you want! You can focus on getting natural resources or products and trade them for money; or you can build a self-sufficient republic; or you can just use the easy sandbox mode with unlimited money/resources and just enjoy building something live.
- Prices of resources on the global market are changing over time as you play –one day you can sell or purchase steel for a $100 per ton, but in a few months the cost can rise to $200 or decrease to $50. The price of everything is connected to the cost of work and resources.