Introducing nuclear industry in a communist economy
Independent games development studio 3DIVISION release Content Update #4 for Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic on Steam today.
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is a real-time soviet-themed city builder tycoon set in an imaginary communist country in Eastern Europe. The game was released in Early Access back in March 2019 becoming one of the recent best selling hits on Steam.
This update of Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic is focused in Nuclear Industry. Now you’ve got the opportunity to manage the full chain of production, from uranium ore to nuclear fuel, and you can command nuclear plants to provide energy to the whole country. Moreover, this upgrade introduces the distribution offices –garages with trucks that automatically distribute resources and goods according the needs –, it includes propaganda transparents on the buildings, and it features new types of electric poles. The game is also now displaying a random map generator.
New Features in Content Update #3
- Nuclear industry: full chain of new industry from uranium ore to nuclear fuel.
- Nuclear power plants.
- Random map generator
- Distribution offices – which handle the resource distribution automatically.
- Any many other small things and various improvements and fixes like propaganda, transparents on the buildings, new types of electric poles, etc.
- Manage all aspects of your own republic with planned economy, including mining resources, manufacturing goods, construction, investments, and citizens too.
- Create your own industrial complexes with loading and unloading stations, storage, warehouses, and factories.
- Build the infrastructure and manage its traffic, including roads, railways, sidewalks, conveyors, wiring, and pipelines. Wisely place and connect factories, houses and warehouses, and make the most efficient connections.
- Plan and build the living areas with everything your citizens may need to live their happy life, such as playgrounds, cinema s, taverns, and shops.
- Send your citizens to the mine to get coal, iron and other natural resources; or send them to the fields to pick up the crops; or take them to factories to produce manufactured goods.
- Sell and purchase resources and goods from western countries or other soviet countries to get dollars or rubles and buy the products or resources you need … or invest in new infrastructure or buildings.
- Enjoy authentic soviet buildings and vehicles, as well as realistic landscapes of the 60’s to the 90’s.
- Play the way you want! You can focus on getting natural resources or products and trade them for money; or you can build a self-sufficient republic; or you can just use the easy sandbox mode with unlimited money/resources and just enjoy building something live.
- Prices of resources on the global market are changing over time as you play –one day you can sell or purchase steel for a $100 per ton, but in a few months the cost can rise to $200 or decrease to $50. The price of everything is connected to the cost of work and resources.