After waking up from a strange, agitating dream, you find yourself stranded on rocks in the middle of an ocean facing a monstrous, mechanical tower. It seems terrifying, yet for some strange reason you can’t help but be drawn to it. Besides, you have no other choice. You are lost in the middle of nowhere with no place to go. The ocean is vast and you are alone. Entering this strange colossus looming in the skies seems like the only option. But why does it look so familiar?
Slovakian Indie game developer Fatbot Games has revealed that Vaporum is scheduled for release on PC on September 28th! Delve into the unknown, and deal with increasingly powerful enemies and puzzles. Find out what tragic events took place in the tower and discover the fate of its inhabitants. But, most importantly, search through your memory to unravel your own past. One thing is certain – an omnipresent blue substance seems to be connected to everything.
If you want to delve into the depths of the story, read everything you can find. Explore optional areas and get rewards for completing additional challenges. The tower is riddled with secret passages that contain unique items and notes from its inhabitants, giving you an insight into their lives and the events that preceded your arrival. Can you discover the truth?
Vaporum is a grid-based, single-player, single-character dungeon crawler game, seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting, and inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series, and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
Each enemy type in Vaporum has a distinctive set of strengths, weaknesses, and attack and defense mechanisms, so you’ll have to employ different tactics to beat them. Choose wisely when equipping yourself with gear. Weapons differ from one another not only by damage levels and appearance, but also in their unique bonuses or behaviors.
Use a wide range of skills thanks to the gadget-based RPG system: direct attacks, area attacks, offensive and defensive buffs, etc. But be careful, because while they are powerful, they also drain your energy. Remember that some enemies are immune to certain types of attack, so you will have to figure out the best way to deal with every encounter the game throws at you.
Solve intriguing puzzles and level-wide objectives where you will need to use both your wits and reflexes. While most riddles are contained in a single room, progression objectives can span entire levels, or even multiple ones.
Instead of increasing the abilities of your human character, improve your exoskeleton. Equip yourself with various items and define your own playstyle. Change your loadout at any time to adapt to all kinds of unexpected situations. As your exoskeleton becomes more powerful by absorbing a special substance – fumium – from defeated enemies, you will be able to unlock useful areas of it, gaining significant permanent attribute bonuses and passive skills. Simply put – prepare for tons of customization.
VAPORUM – MAIN FEATURES:
- Fight in real time! First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviors.
- Be tactical. Use various attacks and read your opponents – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Fully voiced main characters. Find out what happened to the inhabitants of the tower from fully voiced phono-diaries kept by the main story’s protagonists.
- Tons of customization options! The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton and define your own playstyle.
- Absorb fumium from defeated enemies. Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills.
- Keep your wits about you. Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles that vary in difficulty.
- Explore and loot. Look for optional passages filled with additional challenges and rewards.
- What happened in the mysterious tower? A storyline full of dark secrets and unexpected twists.
- Immersive steampunk setting. Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design, and an atmosphere of constant danger lurking around every corner.
Vaporum will be available on PC on September 28th.
About Fatbot Games
Fatbot Games is an indie company based in Slovakia – a small country in Central Europe. It was founded by two industry veterans: Tibor Repta and Matej Zajačik. Currently the company has secured investment funding. The core team is composed of 4 industry veterans (former colleagues and long-time friends) with 43 years of combined experience in the game development business. Fatbot Games believes in polished games with strong storylines and high production value in both visuals and gameplay. Vaporum is their first project. http://www.vaporum-game.com/