Amsterdam, The Netherlands – June 5, 2015 – Dutch video games developer Gamious, has announced that their oil management game Turmoil is now available on Steam Early Access.Turmoil offers players a visually charming, tongue-in-cheek take on the simulation genre inspired on the 19th century oil rush in North America. It will be available for $9.99 (€9.99), with a temporary launch discount of 10%.
Turmoil is set during the 19th century oil rush in North America. Get a taste of the rush and rivalry of the time as you earn your way to become a successful oil entrepreneur. As you make money digging up and selling oil, your town will grow along with you. Colourful characters bring the already charming town to life with their welcoming and helpful chit-chat. As the mining seasons float by, the town goes through different stages of growth. New upgrades become available, as well as new territories with oil rich grounds. Once all parcels of land have been mined, you’ll know if you’ve managed to become the town’s ultimate oil baron.
Turmoil is a simulation game set during the 19th century oil rush in North America. Get a taste of the rush and rivalry of the time as you earn your way to become a successful oil entrepreneur. As you make money digging up and selling oil, your town will grow along with you. Once all oil rich grounds have mined, you’ll know if you’ve managed to become the town’s ultimate oil baron.
Turmoil is currently in development by Gamious and will be available through Steam Early Access soon. After releasing several critically acclaimed games, Turmoil is their most ambitious project to date. See below which features will be implemented in the full version of the game.
- Beat your rivals as a rags-to-riches oil baron in the Campaign mode.
- Lease land at the town auction and search for oil. Use your one-year lease to extract as much oil from the ground as you can.
- Scan for oil, create a pipe network to bring it up then store or sell it at the right time and the right price.
- Don’t wait too long though; each of the mode’s 40 levels is time-based.
- Buy upgrades or acquire new tools to outproduce your rivals.
- Meet colorful characters as the town steadily grows and collaborate with them for more oil-finding opportunities.
- Play Single Game mode to get one of literally millions of procedurally generated levels and earn as much as you can in one year. Compare your scores against those of other players in the online leader boards
Meet Gamious, a small Amsterdam-based game studio, aiming to create accessible games with pure and original gameplay. They call themselves the Collaborative Games Company. The core team of designers and producers collaborates with different developers, artists and sound designers for each project. The teams are carefully constructed to ensure a perfect match between the creators and the game.