International leading Virtual Reality content publisher FIBRUM has announced today that their immersive multiplayer VR sci-fi shooter Space Ops VR will launch through Steam in May and support a variety of virtual reality systems including Oculus, Vive, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
In Space Ops VR the year is 2301 and humanity has taken to deep space in the search for valuable resources to solve Earthâ€™s energy crises. To that end, the Space Ops were formed as an elite cadre of first-responders ready to take on any task the galaxy can throw at them. As an enlistee, the player is tasked with familiarizing themselves with the arsenal and tactics of the Space Ops. This includes their array of specialist weaponry as well as the unique tactical teleport tool that helps them evade their foes. Rigorous training exercises packed with tough alien foes will put the Space Ops skills to the test. Players can complete these courses solo, cooperatively, or race head-to-head to get the highest score on global leaderboards.
“We are very proud to present Space Ops VR to the virtual reality gaming community. We want players to experience a new kind of intense combat on VR platforms that can be enjoyed as a multiplayer cooperative challenge and a hardcore competitive game, complete with ranked matchmaking,”Pidlisnyy Yevgeniy, CEO at DEVCUBE STUDIO.
Space Ops VR Key Features
- Extended PvP mechanics: 1v1 duels or 2v2 team battles
- Advanced skill-based matchmaking
- Highly competitive PvE modes, including SKIRMISH and TRIALS
- Basic training and SANDBOX mode for the beginners
- Unique futuristic weapons, with different damage types such as Kinetic, Beam, and Plasma.
- Tons of grenades and gadgets to send your foes flying and make the enemies wet themselves
- Customizable characters
- Unique teleportation system to help you save your soul – or doom you – depending on the decisions you make