It took only 1 minute for Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon board game to meet its initial $50,773 funding goal on Kickstarter and less than 3 hours to reach $1,000,000 in pledges. With 22 more days until the campaign ends, Awaken Realm’s new project is on its way to set a new record for the crowdfunding platform.
The current campaign progress can be followed on Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/tainted-grail-the-fall-of-avalon), and it’s worth doing so, as numbers there are really impressive. $2,000,000 gathered in less than 24 hours. 10,000 backers in 4 hours. And all the numbers there are still rising!
Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon is a major new board game from Awaken Realms – a professional board game publisher and the creator of such Kickstarter hits as This War of Mine: The Board Game, The Edge: Dawnfall, Lords of Hellas and Nemesis. All critically acclaimed and loved by fans who have collectively pledged more than $9,000,000 to help bring those projects to life.
This time the company has joined forces with Krzysztof Piskorski, one of the most well-known Polish fantasy writers, to bring fans of board a truly epic adventure, set in the original, dark interpretation of Arthurian myths.
The game will be available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Polish.
ABOUT TAINTED GRAIL: THE FALL OF AVALON
Tainted Grail is an adventure, survival and exploration board game, that offers an immersive co-op/solo experience for 1–4 players and is centred around a non-linear, branching story. All this makes Tainted Grail a board gaming equivalent of the finest cRPGs out there.
The story launches in Avalon, many years after King Arthur’s passing. The Red Death humans once escaped from has yet again returned. And Guardian Menhirs are going dark one by one, enabling the island’s corrupting Wyrdness to claim Avalon back. In an effort to stop the inevitable, brave champions set out to find help in distant Camelot. However, none of them returned. You and your team members are the only ones left to take on the tasks. The outcasts no one would bet on emerge as Avalon’s last hope.
The story of Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon aims to push the boundaries of non-linear narrative. Building upon their rich experience, Awaken Realms has infusing, ambitious stories with excellent board game mechanics and striking visuals.
TAINTED GRAIL: THE FALL OF AVALON – MAIN FEATURES
- A new board game from Awaken Realms – Kickstarter veterans responsible for such hits as This War of Mine: The Board Game, The Edge: Dawnfall, Lords of Hellas and Nemesis,
- The story, written by Krzysztof Piskorski – an award-winning Polish fantasy writer, includes branching plot twists, with many different paths to take and several different endings to experience,
- An evolving game world where choices have an impact not only on the Core Box storyline, but also on the stretch goal campaign taking place 400 years after the main plot,
- High replay value thanks to the non-linear story, and random events and encounters ensuring no two games play alike,
- Either a co-op or solo experience for 1–4 players. Regardless of whether you play alone or in a group of four, the game will scale up to provide an adequate challenge,
- A Character Development system based on conflicting attributes that unlocks a rich choice of skills and leads to different deck-building strategies,
- A unique diceless encounter system – choose either brute force or diplomacy to successfully go through dozens of combat and non-combat encounters.
TAINTED GRAIL: THE FALL OF AVALON IN NUMBERS
- Over 100,000 words written for the plot of the main game,
- Over 1,000 unique, beautiful art pieces, building the amazing world of Avalon,
- 6 different language versions – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Polish,
- The Core Box of the game will include:
– A set of 8 incredibly detailed, high quality miniatures,
– 4 double-layered boards with linen finish and indentations for markers,
– 100 small cards,
– 576 standard cards,
– 72 oversized cards,
– 106 tokens and markers,
– 220 pages of story,
- Hundreds of additional cards and story pages in the already unlocked Stretch Goals!