The unrestricted exploration of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone combined with non-linear storytelling, unique crafting, and challenging opponents to fight is an exceptional mix. A mix that must have its accents carefully spread out between all its components in order to ensure that the final result will be a one-of-a-kind experience to be remembered for years. This is why Chernobylite will soon be heading to Kickstarter – to give players a chance to support the game throughout its development and have a meaningful impact on its final form.
Chernobylite’s first hands-on demo will be available during PAX East in Boston this year.
“Ever since we’ve announced our game, we’ve been receiving tons of comments and feedback from the gaming community out there, and it all led us to one conclusion. That everybody hopes to be able to explore the destroyed Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant and Pripyat ghost city in our game as deeply as possible. And we’re more than eager to deliver that. But this means, that we should expand the locations in the game comparing to the original concept we had, and ask gamers for their help in doing so. It’s a hard and dangerous task, keeping in mind that to achieve that goal, we’ll need to make some extra trips to the Exclusion Zone and scan even more buildings and objects.Wojciech Pazdur, The Farm 51 CEO.
That is precisely why we’ve decided to reach out for the community support. Within the next few weeks, we’ll be starting the Kickstarter campaign for Chernobylite. During its duration gamers will get the chance to pre-order the game and make pledges to receive some really cool items, including the highly demanded Black Stalker mask. The crowdfunding campaign will also let us collect some extra funds to do the Chernobylite location expansions plus add some extra features that we were always dreaming of. So we encourage all players to sign up to our newsletter and stay tuned for the news on the Kickstarter campaign launch date!“
ABOUT THE GAME
Chernobylite is a science-fiction survival horror experience from the team behind the critically acclaimed Get Even. The game mixes the free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear storytelling. This exceptional title will constantly challenge you to:
- SURVIVE – Ally or compete with other stalkers of the Chernobyl zone to survive. Remember that life is fragile, and it is your decisions that determine the fate of your companions. You can spend as long as you need preparing; however, be aware that your story is still being written. Every passing moment your chances of success are dwindling, comrades are dying, supplies are running out, or an unexpected patrol could discover you. On top of this, supernatural dangers are arising around you in mysterious patterns. Each day brings new challenges, adding to the ever-increasing severity of your current situation. Plan your strategy carefully if you want to survive.
- PLAY BY YOUR OWN RULES – Craft your gear and weapons to protect yourself from the hostile military personnel and supernatural threats lurking in the zone. Make use of the sophisticated tools at your disposal to aid you in your struggle while navigating the rough and contaminated environment. Stay undetected and gather all the evidence you can in order to piece together events from the past.
- Decide what happens in the world around you by making choices and finding or avoiding the truth.
- EXPERIENCE – Maintain your resolve and keep your wits about you; the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is not what it once was. None can foresee the horrors that may have befallen your beloved.
CHERNOBYLITE MAIN FEATURES:
- Explore the beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone;
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers of the Zone. But whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember everybody has a hidden agenda. Always;
- Face and survive the natural and supernatural threats;
- Immerse yourself in the non-linear, thrilling, science-fiction horror story;
- Make good use of your physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies;
- Fight against the savage creatures pouring out from an alternate reality;
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment- and substance-analyzing tools.
Chernobylite is currently under development and on its way to PCs and consoles, that will be preceded by the upcoming Kickstarter campaign. The game utilizes Unreal Engine 4 and is based on Reality 51’s scanning technology, which is in development by The Farm 51 for over five years.