Prepare for an ultimate VR experience where there’s no right side up and death can literally come from any direction. That’s precisely the danger that awaits you in this competitive multiplayer VR shooter set in a futuristic Roman Empire. Telefrag VR allows you to become an eternal gladiator fighting in unique arenas of impossible geometry with incredibly fast opponents.
The Telefrag VR open beta has just started and ends April 10th at 8:00 p.m. PDT / 4:00 a. m. CET.
And don’t forget to add the game to your wishlist on Steam so you don’t miss any news about its development!
Heading to PAX East in Boston this year? Then visit booth #12114 (Indie Games Poland) and try to beat the devs at their own game!
ABOUT THE GAME
Welcome to an alternative universe, where the Roman Empire never collapsed. Instead, it consolidated its power around the globe and continued to expand into outer space. The conquering of new civilizations and races and the development of new technologies ushered in a new era of gladiator battles.
The Games. This is how the Romans of the future refer to the insanely dynamic encounters that feature gladiators from throughout the Empire fighting in abstract arenas using specially designed ceremonial weapons. These tools of destruction have been expertly designed not only to kill, but to inflict the greatest degree of savage, barbaric carnage for the delight of the Roman spectators’ refined sensibilities.
Telefrag VR offers exciting PvP matches that require both a good knowledge of the arena and the creative use of dashes and teleports to gain the upper hand in combat. But these abilities are far more than just defense and evasion. In the end, there’s a good reason why the game is called Telefrag VR. Tired of shooting or facing an enemy that has just locked you as their target? Stay calm, teleport through them, and watch as your enemy is reduced to a pulp.
Shooting from a distance? Gun down your opponents with a range of firearms – from the staples of the genre, to new and unique entries. But if you’re going to try and outwit your foes, you’ll need to choose your loadouts carefully, as some may work better against the type of enemy you’re currently facing than others.
Telefrag VR features a full arena game mode where players face off in 1v1 battles. The ultimate victory will be granted in a best-of-five format.
ELEFRAG VR MAIN FEATURES:
- Loadout Management – Pick your favorite loadout to outwit your enemy. Combine powerful firearms to create the most powerful set. Each weapon features two firing modes and a unique teleportation attack.
- Teleport Attacks and Telefrags – Use teleport attacks to move through the arena or telefrag your enemy! See them reduced to a pulp using the well-known ability.
- Guns – Choose from classic arena shooter weapons such as Rocket Launchers, Flak Cannons, and futuristic Plasma Rifles.
- Dash – Combat in VR has never been so dynamic! Catch your enemy by surprise as short and fast jumps from place to place allow you to constantly stay on the move.
- Impossible spaces – Fight in unique arenas arranged with no regard for gravity, allowing for various angles of attack and movement. The specifically designed maps will force you to be on your guard.
- Arena Game Mode – Fight in 1v1 deathmatches that use rounds. Climb up the leaderboards and conquer the highest win streak.
Telefrag VR, featuring a cross-platform multiplayer, will launch simultaneously on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and PS VR later this year.