Spry Fox’s latest gem, Steambirds Alliance—the spiritual successor to the company’s hit Realm of the Mad God—is ready for launch after six wonderful years in development! On August 22, Steambirds Alliance will launch on Steam, emerging from an open beta phase that saw more than 10,000 players join the fun. The final release includes plenty of new content and loads of improvements over the beta, making this a prime opportunity for new players and veterans alike to jump in.
Steambirds Alliance is a free-to-play, massively-cooperative, bullet-hell shooter that pits you and dozens of friends—pilots fighting for the bird rebellion—against the evil Meowza and her vile feline empire. The team at Spry Fox has worked hard to emphasize fun team play, reducing griefing, and a friendly monetization model; this is very much not a pay-to-win game full of jerks! Experience hundreds of unique enemies, a wide variety of secret missions, and many distinct plane types for you to unlock and master.
Some of the great new content and features added during beta include:
- Meowza’s inner sanctum, a new and extremely difficult encounter for Veteran Steambirds
- Dungeon mods: Random mods on instances that ramp up both difficulty AND loot
- New types of enemies added to the Palace region of the overworld with a generous loot pool
- Lots of class and item rebalancing, making all classes and weapons equally viable
- Massive revamp of the pilot skill-tree
In addition, the team has added several quality of life improvements like:
- Lots of server performance improvements to reduce lag experienced by players
- Lots of improvements to make the game easier to play and learn
- Lots of work on cheat detection systems to get rid of cheating cuckoos
Dive on into Steambirds Alliance and start ruffling some feathers on August 22, only on Steam.