Having amassed acclaim from critics and gamers alike since hitting PC on Halloween, both Raiser Games and Protocol Games are eager to reveal their fresh take on the survival horror genre – Song of Horror – will launch on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q2 2020.
The news comes as Song of Horror fans gear up for the release of the third chapter on Steam on Friday 13th December, with the game having impressed players to date by paying homage to classic horror games such as Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil and Silent Hill.
As console gamers will soon discover, Song of Horror is the tale of the famed but now elusive writer Sebastian P. Husher – a man who, along with his entire family, has gone missing without rhyme or reason. The third chapter is inspired by famed survival-horror game Obscure, and once again tasks players with taking on an enemy that uses advanced AI to react to every player’s move, better known as The Presence.
In addition, PC owners who buy all five chapters will also receive the exact same content and updates delivered in the Complete Edition. The cheapest way of doing this is to buy the Founder Limited Edition for $19.99/€19.99/£17.14 before it disappears from sale at the end of December.
“It’s almost time for the next step in the Song of Horror story, and that means bringing the game we’ve spent years working on to a new audience. Consoles have always been the traditional home of survival-horror games, so it’s great to be able to bring our entry in the genre to players who we know love these games as much as we do. We can’t wait.”Ignacio Fernández, co-founder of Protocol Games
For PC gamers, the first two episodes of Song of Horror can be picked up on Steam today for $7.99/€7.99/£6.99 each, or as part of the Season Pass that unlocks the rest episodes on top of the original ones in the months ahead for $21.99/€21.99/£18.99. In addition, players can also purchase the Founder Limited Edition for $19.99/€19.99/£17.14.
In Song of Horror, you will:
- Investigate a paranormal mystery wrapped up in a story of psychological horror.
- Tangle with The Presence, an otherworldly entity with its own adaptive A.I. that reacts to your actions and decisions to deliver an unscripted, unpredictable slice of horror.
- Choose between a group of unique characters, each one bringing their own point of view to play with a different relationship with both the story and other characters.
- When characters die, they die for good, but the horror continues…
- …with the investigation picked up by a new character, tackling the story from a unique perspective, but one affected by their predecessor’s actions.
- Explore haunted, sinister locations to gather clues to piece together the mystery behind the missing Sebastian P. Husher.
Song of Horror is published by Raiser Games and developed by Protocol Games.