The hit roguelite action game gets a new game world, fresh bosses, skills and more
French developer Flying Oak Games, composer Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell) and publisher Dear Villagers are proud to announce that the fast-paced rogue-platformer ScourgeBringer is getting its first major content update today, titled “The Living Walls”.
The game is currently available on PC via Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Pass for PC and will see a full launch in 2020 for PC and Xbox.
The Living Walls update highlights:
- A new realm called “The Living Walls”
- 4 additional skills including the most savage counter-attack yet – “Dragon Punch”
- 5 new blessings to power up your character
- New lore elements: you will now find computers from the Old World throughout the game, revealing more about the story
- A bestiary is now accessible, showing all the monsters you have fought
- New enemies, including a boss fight!
- 6 new achievements
- General fixes and improvements
ScourgeBringer aims to channel the mystery and rawness of an early rogue-platformer, with fluid control, aerial combat, pixel graphics and a punchy soundtrack. The story follows hero Kyhra, who is sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith which is threatening to destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone, she must shoot and slash her way through the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon, wherein gigantic bosses, ancient machines, strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers await.
There is no backtracking, as the game’s structure follows a procedural combination of pre-built challenge rooms, not unlike the Binding of Isaac.