Driftland: The Magic Revival, inspired by titles like Civilization, Populus, Majesty, and The Settlers, is a unique mix of 4X real-time strategy and god game, with a universe intertwined with unpredictable magic. The dynamic map topography enriches your fairytale empire – set up goals for your army, tame magical creatures, manage the kingdom, and unravel the many mysteries of your lands!
Driftland: The Magic Revival will arrive on Steam Early Access in the coming months. Stay tuned for the latest information regarding the EA launch, and for now be sure to check out the game at PAX West – it will be available for a hands-on demo on Floor 6, Stand 6003(Indie Games Poland Booth).
Driftland: The Magic Revival is a clever combination of the 4X, RTS, and god game genres, sprinkled with some one-of-a-kind features. Dynamic topography consisting of floating islands will change the situation on the battlefield. Taming wild creatures and pairing them with a rider will impact armies’ striking force. Keeping the action on the same map will allow gamers to manage their empire and fight for expansion in the same tactical view, with the ability to dynamically adjust distance.
Islands floating in space are inhabited by many factions and tribes, which include four major races: ambitious humans, industrious dwarves, pragmatic dark elves, and nature-worshipping wild elves. Evolve your empire using its economic potential. Fight single barbarians or creatures, and as you progress deal with bigger foes: camps of barbarians and even entire civilizations.
Recruit an army. Determine objectives and establish their priority. Evolve your units so that they can gain experience, new levels, and skills by letting them explore, encounter random events, upgrade their homes, and train in dedicated structures. It’s worth it – veteran units are capable of taming and riding dragons, as well as other flying creatures, while dwarves can build flying units.
You want Driftland for yourself. You would be the best ruler after all, wouldn’t you? You are a mage overlord, with your own castle, tower, and a small realm on one of the islands. Now is the time to build your own future – an empire that will be unstoppable. Expand your kingdom by joining more and more islands together to wield all the power in your hands.
DRIFTLAND: THE MAGICAL REVIVAL – MAIN FEATURES:
- Explore, fight, and set goals! Instead of micromanagement, issue commands to your faithful army.
- 4X, RTS, and god game combined. Special approach, introducing many features.
- Dynamic topography. The shattered planet is kept from collapsing and drifting away into the depths of space by powerful, ancient magic.
- High accessibility and replayability value. Adjust the complexity and difficulty of maps and scenarios as you like.
- Rule Driftland – build an empire! Expand your kingdom, gather resources, become a mighty mage, and merge scattered fragments of a planet with powerful sorcery.
- Single player and multiplayer campaigns! Whether alone or with other players, Driftland: The Magic Revival is an incredible experience.
- Taming wild creatures. Create completely different battle units by combining warriors with creatures.
- Everything takes place on the same map. Manage your empire and fight for expansion in the same tactical view, where you are able to dynamically adjust distance.
About Star Drifters
Star Drifters is an independent game development studio based in Warsaw, Poland. The company was founded in 2014 by two industry veterans: Michal Sokolski and Krzysztof Jakubowski. During a career that spans nearly two decades, they’ve worked on numerous titles for all major gaming platforms and gained extensive direct experience in game development and management. Prior to Star Drifters, in 2000 they founded an indie game studio called Tatanka. Two years later, they started (as co-founders) CI Games (City Interactive), the company behind such games as Lords of the Fallen, Sniper Ghost Warrior, and many others. Star Drifters’ mission is to create engaging, challenging, and highly replayable games that will remain in players’ memory for a long time. http://www.stardrifters.com/