Lucky Mountain Games, Sumo Nottingham and Curve Digital are delighted to announce the release date for their multi-format poly-powered retro racer, Hotshot Racing.
Hotshot Racing will launch on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4 on 10th September worldwide and will be priced at £15.99 / €19.99 / $19.99 USD.
Developed by racing game veterans Lucky Mountain Games and Sumo Nottingham (Outrun 2, Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing Transformed), Hotshot Racing is an all-new driving experience which revives the classic arcade gameplay of the 90s and thrusts it into the modern era. Featuring sharp retro visuals, sleek 60 frames per second gameplay on all platforms, multiple single-player championships, 8-player online game modes and 4-player local split-screen play, Hotshot Racing is sure to appeal to both veteran racers and those looking for a more casual pick-up and play experience.
“This game has been on a massive journey for the past decade from the initial concepts to Kickstarter pitch and now on the final stretch to launch. We can’t wait to see all the in-game leaderboards light up with the fastest times from players and see multiplayer servers full to the rafters! We have plans for this game past launch as well, so it’ll be great to see what the world thinks of the game post-September 10th,” he added.creative director Trevor Ley of Lucky Mountain Games.
“As soon as we saw Hotshot Racing we absolutely fell in love with the concept, and working with Trevor on the game’s development has been a fruitful and joyous experience. Sumo Nottingham is known for producing some of the most beloved arcade racing experiences on the planet and we believe Hotshot Racing stands proudly side-by-side the best racing games we’ve developed.”Tom Turner studio production director at Sumo Nottingham.
Lucky Mountain Games, Sumo Nottingham and Curve Digital are also proud to confirm that Hotshot Racing will be available via Xbox Game Pass. All active subscribers from launch day onwards will be able to access the game on Xbox One as part of their ongoing subscription.
All those looking for a fresh injection of colourful, speed-fuelled nostalgia into their lives will be able to pre-order Hotshot Racing starting today on PC via Steam with pre-orders hitting other platforms prior to launch.
For the game’s full feature breakdown, please see below:
- GAME MODES
- Time Trial and Grand Prix modes cater to those who like to compete in classic racing formats, while ‘Cops and Robbers’ and ‘Drive or Explode’ modes offer exhilarating new ways to play. Each mode is available in single-player, four-player split-screen and eight-player online, while Time Trial is single-player only. Single-player modes run at a blistering 60FPS to deliver one of the fastest depictions of racing possible. Smash lap records to rise-up the global online leaderboards or download ghost laps to match your racing lines against the very best.
- THE CIRCUITS
- 16 racing circuits provide the twists, turns and straights conducive to searingly quick racing. Take in coastal, jungle, alpine and Las Vegas desert environments, with each course modelled with the most vivid colours and blue skies for miles.
- MEET THE HOTSHOTS
- Keiko, Xing, Mike, Alexa, Aston, Toshiro, Marcus and Viktor – eight speed addicts that have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of being the greatest racing driver in the world.
- CATCH THE DRIFT
- Drifting is crucial in Hotshot Racing. Boost charges as the player drifts, so maintaining it for as long as possible is vital to preserving maximum speed throughout a race.
- DRIVE OR EXPLODE
- In this mode each car has a bomb attached to it. Drop below a certain speed and BOOM! The trigger speed gets faster and faster, forcing players to maintain impossibly high speeds.
- COPS AND ROBBERS
- Robbers evade the cops. Cops catch the robbers, and in doing so convert them to the police side, leading to an exciting test of skill for the surviving criminals.