Revival Productions’ Overload, the spiritual successor to the classic six-degree-of-freedom (6DOF) tunnel shooter game Descent, is now available on Xbox One and Xbox One X and supports cross-platform play with PC. Overload is also available on Stream, GoG and PlayStation®4.
Revival Productions, founded by Matt Toschlog and Mike Kulas, co-founders of legendary Parallax Software and creators of the classic Descent, created Overload as the ultimate zero-G shooter. The game offers a deep single-player campaign, a highly-replayable Challenge Mode with online leaderboards, and individual and team-based online multiplayer modes.
Overload offers labyrinthine environments with close quarter combat zones. Expanded gameplay features and powerful weapons armed with unique characteristics tighten the game’s high-octane action. Players’ senses must be accurately attuned to their surroundings because action comes from all sides, above, and below, which adds to the game’s complexity and depth to control and movement, ultimately transforming the FPS genre into something completely new and challenging.
- 15 level single-player campaign plus level exploration beyond main objectives
- Numerous level challenges including lava, force fields, lockdowns, ambushes, and secret rooms
- 20 terrifying robot enemies, plus Super-Robots and Variants and three bosses armed with customized AI giving them unique personality and combat behavior
- Multiplayer with public and private matches
- Challenge Mode with 12 levels and Infinite and Countdown variants that alter the focus of play
- Story by the writer of FreeSpace 2 with fully-voiced audio (English Only)
- Adrenaline-pumping soundtrack
- Achievements and Leaderboards
- Upgrades and XP system and advanced player stats
- Automap and Holo-guide for navigation assistance
- Save almost anywhere
- Six difficulty levels ranging from a casual challenge to very punishing
- Surround sound audio options
- Optional training level for refining your piloting skills
- Interface and subtitles available in English, French, German, Spanish, and Russian