Kalypso Media is excited to reveal that the launch date for Sudden Strike 4 has been set for Friday, August 11, 2017, digitally on Steam worldwide. On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 this legendary RTS series will get its first ever console release on PlayStation®4, available as a digital download from the PlayStation® Store and in retail across North America! Sudden Strike 4 will also launch Friday, August 11, 2017 across the UK and European export territories for retail and console.
Kalypso Media is also excited to share a selection of new screenshots that show the detailed, dynamic environments and incredible attention to detail paid to the units and gameplay mechanics of Sudden Strike 4. To give a look at the game from a developer’s point of view, Kalypso has also released three videos in a new ‘General’s Handbook’ series on YouTube. They feature Sudden Strike 4 Producer Christian Schlütter running through basic gameplay principles and discussing how the title has evolved throughout the development process.
Pre-purchase is available now on Steam, which includes a 15% discount, plus a digital soundtrack, digital artbook and the ‘Battle of Kursk’ DLC. Steam customers can download the free Sudden Strike Quiz app on iOS and Android devices in order to unlock further stackable discounts for a total of up to 25% off the pre-purchase of the game.
About Sudden Strike 4
Developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot, Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Prove your tactical expertise in over 20 demanding single player scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode, and the competitive multiplayer mode. A new reward system rewards clever and tactical play, awarding the player with skill points and bonus content, such as historical film footage of the era.
Sudden Strike 4 offers countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmaneuver the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes – how you approach each mission is up to you!
Features of Sudden Strike 4
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- ‘Pause and play’ system allows you to suspend the action while issuing detailed commands and maneuvers to your units
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Sudden Strike 4 is scheduled for a digital release on Steam on Friday, August 11, 2017 worldwide. The physical retail edition for PlayStation®4 and digital download edition on the Playstation Store will launch on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 across North America