Manchester, UK – October 7, 2015 –After a highly successful launch on Xbox One earlier this year, indie developer Cherry Pop Games has now delivered the ultimate billiards simulator Pool Nation FX onto Steam’s Early Access program. Available now, Pool Nation FX delivers a stunningly realistic on or offline billiards experience, expanding upon the incredibly popular Xbox One release with a variety of new multiplayer features, trick shot editor, and ruleset customization providing a multitude of personalized options.
Developed with Unreal Engine 4, Pool Nation FX is available now for $12.99 and as a special limited-time bonus, owners of the original Pool Nation on Steam can purchase the game for $7.79, a discount of 40% off the game’s full price!
Prepare yourself for pixel perfect physics and photo-realistic graphics in this truly immersive representation of the sport. Practice, spectate and play live matches seamlessly online. Players can compete in Leagues, share, challenge and create epic trick shots with the exclusive Trickshot Editor, enroll in the Pool Nation Cup, explore the unique rule set customization tool and re-discover this much-loved sport.
- Use the rule set customization tool to create your favorite game type using nine existing rule sets including; 9 Ball, 8 Ball, 8 Ball UK Red and Yellows, Snooker, Killer, Speed, Golf (online and offline modes)
- Control your aim level settings; aiming aid off and on then play novice through to pro
- Use the in-game currency to customize table baize, cues, balls and decals
- Raise, lower, and rotate trickshot objects on all axis in the artistic pool mode
Game Modes & Features
- Trickshots – Create unique trickshots with the artistic pool mode, including a variety of objects and special effects
- Leagues (Online competitive mode) – Players must climb the ladder and play with skill to avoid relegation to lower leagues
- Play for Cash – Online competitive mode. Players progress through varying difficulty levels, the more coins you earn, the higher levels you unlock
- Friendlies – Invite friends to play online, customize your game type, rules, locations and more
- Versus – Offline game for one or two players. Play against the AI or locally against friends.
- Pool Career – Offline single-player career, start out in the qualifiers earn your place in the first cup.
- Snooker Career – Enjoy traditional Snooker, along with the standard billiards game types
- Daily Challenges – Play the daily game of 3 Ball to unlock a chance to win free coins, pot 3 balls to win a random daily prize
- Daily Trickshot Challenges – Complete a specific trickshot challenge to win coins. Each provides a selection of designated objects and effects to nail the shot.
- Endurance – Keep sinking balls into pockets as they fall from above. Pot multiple balls in a row, or perform a skill shot and earn a ‘Drop Stop’ giving you a brief respite from the falling balls.
During the Steam Early Access development cycle, the following features will be added:
- Spectate, join and play matches seamlessly online in a digital Pool Nation Pool Hall
- Online Tournaments for 8 or more people
- Customizable PC specific controls for extra customization
About Cherry Pop Games
Cherry Pop Games is an independent, multi-platform development studio located in Manchester, UK. We are dedicated to producing amazing games for all types of players. The team’s first title was Pool Nation, which was released on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2012, followed shortly after on the PlayStation Network. Cherry Pop Games’ most recent project is Pool Nation FX, developed using Unreal Engine 4, which will release in 2015.