Haarlem, The Netherlands – November 17, 2014 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today that developer Arkavi Studio’s turn-based 4X strategy game Lords of The Black Sun (PC) will receive its first major update today, having launched two months ago. While Arkavi Studios has regularly pushed smaller patches and improvements through the Steam pipeline since launch, this latest update is a lot larger and includes the following highlights:
- Story event races now start with 4 planets instead of 1
- It’s now harder to have the AI accept long term payment deals. Additionally it also takes its current debt into account when making a decision.
- Added new Background music track
- Added Space Key to skip cinematic intro
- Made the AI use diplomacy more actively
- Rebalanced the tech research time of several technologies in all branches
- Added Plasma Weapon Z-IV technology and ship part
- Fixed “can’t establish trade routes with empire X” due to embargo or war message popping up when trying to move a ship to one of your planets
Lords of the Black Sun also is available at a discount of 25% off this week on Steam!
Lords of the Black Sun is an epic-sized 4X space-strategy game designed for players to take the command of one race to join the struggle for supremacy in a complex, living breathing galaxy. As the leader of an empire, gamers explore the stars, colonize new worlds, manage their empires and conquer whoever dares to oppose. Lords of the Black Sun offers a unique ship-building component to guide players in the single-player and multiplayer components of the game.
- Races: eight major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
- Ship Customization: Create and customize unique ship designs.
- Live Universe: Large and living universe – independent races and pirate clans can claim the galaxy as their residence either as an annoyance, or a blessing, depending on how gamers take advantage of them.
- Politics and Economy: Deep economic and political elements are layered in with the player’s ability to use diplomacy, intelligence and trade as powerful and effective tools to weaken one’s enemy. And, of course, there is always war.
- Smart AI: Human-like AI that doesn’t cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge.
- Generals: Unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and, if used well, can be the difference between victory and defeat.
- Infinite Universes: Randomly generated universes, tech trees, and units means players will never play the same game twice.
- Empires come and go: Unrest may lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival one’s own.
- Secret Plots: Players can secretly finance a war against their rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with their allies in a bid to destroy a growing empire. Strategists should beware of spies and whistle-blowers, as their plots might be uncovered before they are put in action.
- Multiplayer: Hot seat and online multiplayer with matchmaking.
For more information about Lords of the Black Sun, please visit www.lordsoftheblacksun.com.
ABOUT ARKAVI STUDIOS
Arkavi Studios is an independent game development company, founded in 2013 in Leiria, Portugal. We are really passionate about what we do, putting our heart and soul into every game we make, and making the games we would like to play.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Iceberg has fully embraced the digital revolution of the past few years and maintains strong worldwide relations with most digital portals, while also keeping its roots in the European retail markets. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. Garnering attention with acclaimed releases over recent years in the genres of strategy, action, simulation and adventure, the company has an exceptional current line-up, including Endless Legend, StarDrive 2, Starpoint Gemini 2, Lords of the Black Sun, Vector Thrust and Starship Corporation – with further promising games in the pipeline.