With 2 weeks to go, NOVA BLITZ has secured 75% of its goal: $31,044 out of $40,000. Developer Dragon Foundry also reports that more than 20,000 games have been played since the Alpha build debut earlier this year.
The crowdfunding campaign will end at 9 p.m. Pacific Time on Thursday, August 20, 2015. To ensure that the goal is hit before the deadline, Dragon Foundry has come up with an innovative “Backer Achievement Matrix” to keep backers on their toes:
Here’s how it works:
Each square in the matrix is an achievement for backers to complete. For every four achievements completed, ALL Nova Blitz backers will gain one extra Smart Pack with their Kickstarter rewards. And, when all 25 achievements are complete, Dragon Foundry wil give ALL backers a very special reward.
GAMEPLAY AND STORY
A fresh take on the TCG genre, Nova Blitz offers players quick games that last less than five minutes. Players simultaneously summon monsters, play Powers, and duel in real time — without waiting for an opponent’s turn. To achieve victory, players need nerves of steel, a sharp mind — and the ability to mix strategy, tactics, and foresight at a moment’s notice. Combat is instant, intense . . . and vicious.
The universe of Nova Blitz is ruled by the five Aspects of Energy: Arcane, Tech, Divine, Nature, and Chaos. Knowing the differences between them is critical — since each Aspect has its own strengths, weaknesses, creatures, Powers, and optimum playstyles.
Players take on the role of a “Nova” — a being capable of wielding the Aspects of Energy. Crisscrossing the universe in search of fame and fortune, the player’s ultimate goal is to compete in the Nova Blitz Championship.
While Nova Blitz retains some of the more familiar aspects of TCGs (e.g., having players supply enough energy to play certain cards), the game’s unique real-time turn system is the main attraction. Dragon Foundry has created a system that allows opponents to play cards simultaneously. In combat, players also choose their attacks and blocks at the same time — which makes predicting an adversary’s moves vital.
- No mana screw: The shuffler ensures that players don’t get mana screwed!
- Simultaneous turns: No waiting for your opponent to play a turn
- Real-time play: Think on your feet and react to your opponent in real time
- Quick games: Each game takes less than five minutes to play, which means that you can play an entire tournament in a single night!
- Strategic combat: The combat system rewards intelligence and bluffing.
- Evolving gameplay: Each card’s abilities change how the game is played.
- Tournaments: A full in-game tournament system allows every player to enter leagues and tournaments.
- Trading: Trade cards with other players in game, or buy and sell for real money in the Steam Community Market.
- Cross-platform play: One account across Windows, Mac, and Linux — with iOS and Android coming soon!
The Nova Blitz community will be able to submit ideas, feedback, and card designs directly to the team. The best ideas and card designs will be added to the game.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Nova Blitz will be available on Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux), iOS, and Android in 2016. The game will be free to download and play, and it will also include in-game purchases.
If you’d like to try Nova Blitz for yourself (or get a friend/frenemy to join in on the fun), download the Alpha build below:
- Linux (new!)
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Dragon Foundry is a team of veteran game developers based in Seattle who have pulled together the best and brightest minds from across the game industry — including developers, designers, and artists from Wizards of the Coast, Valve, ArenaNet, Disney, Playdom, Amazon, Microsoft, and Google. For more information about Dragon Foundry and Nova Blitz, please visit http://dragonfoundry.com and http://novablitz.com.