The horror game that received the heart and soul of the Clock Tower series, NightCry, is out now on the North American PS Store.
This terrifying tragedy 3D horror adventure, set upon a luxurious passenger ship with no escape, is the result of the collaboration between two masters of the horror genre, Hifumi Kono, creator of the Clock Tower series, and Takashi Shimizu, director of the Grudge series.
The main characters find themselves aboard a luxurious cruise liner, on what was supposed to be a fun and relaxing trip. However, a series of gruesome murders aboard the ship are discovered one after another, causing the passengers to grow paranoid and start distrusting one another. Then, the immortal, bloodthirsty killer known as “Scissorwalker” appears. With no way to get off of this increasingly claustrophobic ship in the middle of the ocean, the body count continues to rise. Weapons have no effect on the Scissorwalker. You must desperately seek means of escape, defense, and places to hide lest you become the next victim. The only thing that can help you survive this journey is the choices which you, the player, make.
- A horror-adventure from two great horror genre masters.
- An immortal Scissorwalker which relentlessly pursues the player.
- Smoothly shift between exploration mode and survival mode at the appearance of the Scissorwalker.
- Branching paths and multiple endings. Progress is automatically saved at branching points.
- A variety of choices which impacts the whole story, leading a happy ending, or an ending which is much, much worse.
NightCry for the PlayStation®Vita is out now on the North American PS Store. The European PS Store release date will be announced soon.