Publisher Cronos Interactive and developer Mantis Games have released the fourth and final video in a series of behind-the-scenes looks at Journey For Elysium. This edition of their dev diaries takes a look at the narrative of the game and the process of combining its pieces into a cohesive whole.
Journey For Elysium is celebrating at the same time its recent excellent reception at industry events. From its nomination at the Gamescom Awards for best VR game, to its invitation to participate in the Tokyo Games Show’s Indie Selection event.
ourney For Elysium is a story-driven VR game inspired by ancient mythology. Players will take on the role of an unnamed hero who has passed away, travelling on a boat in the Underworld. In order to reach Elysium and obtain redemption, the mysterious traveller must use all his wits and skills in a series of increasingly elaborate twists and challenges. Along the way, he will discover more about his past.
- Puzzles: Journey for Elysium brings back the excitement of classic adventures games of the 90’s and revamps them for a new era. Solve an increasingly complex range of puzzles, challenges and tests to move the story forward.
- A lot to discover: immerse yourself in a rich world, grounded between history and myth. Explore breathtaking environments and unravel surprising facts of the Classical antiquity. Connect with your senses to this VR storytelling experience.
- Mechanics: travel on the river Styx and explore the underworld with the rowing mechanic, the most important travelling method in the game. This natural way of transportation is also very comfortable and immersive.
- Two modes: when you are not rowing, you can experience two different ways of moving around thanks to the Comfort or Immersive modes.
- Art style: enjoy the black and white art style inspired by the paintings of Gustave Doré. The high contrast art style fits best in recreating the desired atmosphere of the underworld. In addition, you will find golden highlights here and there, which will guide you further along the way.
Journey For Elysium will release in Q4 2019 and will be available on Steam for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR systems.