UK indie developer and publisher VooFoo Studios today announced that ‘BATTLE CARS’ – the latest downloadable content pack for its award-nominated top-down racer, Mantis Burn Racing® – is now available for download on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam® (for Windows PC).
The ‘BATTLE CARS’ pack adds a brand-new way to enjoy the game in the biggest, most exciting update yet, featuring an all-new class of highly armored, battle-ready vehicles hell-bent on destruction. Get ready to crush your opponents with rapid-fire machine-gun blasts or launch mines causing devastating damage with 3 brand-new Battle Modes, ‘King of the Track’ ‘Survival’ and ‘Accumulator Rumble’ to test your appetite for destruction. With ‘BATTLE CARS’, it’s no longer a case of when you reach the finish line, but, if you reach the finish line!
“BATTLE CARS delivers what our fans want and love. More action, more drama and more fun ways to play the game, since we launched the game this has been one of our most passionately requested features, so we’re delighted to today deliver an action-packed DLC pack which adds even more levels of excitement to the game.” – Mark Williams, VooFoo Studio’s Technology Director.
‘BATTLE CARS’ Features:
- BATTLE READY: Introducing three new awesome combat vehicles, each fully equipped with reinforced, military spec armored bodies and front and rear facing weapons.
- EXPLOSIVE MULTIPLAYER ACTION: Destroy your opponents in epic 4 player local split-screen battles and online multiplayer car combat for up to 8 players.
- SPECTACULAR DESTRUCTION: Unleash explosive levels of destruction on your rivals in fast and frenetic combat races.
- NEW BATTLE MODES: Test your skills in three all-new combat specific events, ‘King of the Track’, ‘Survival’ and ‘Accumulator Rumble’.
- DEDICATED CAREER: Progress through a stand-alone ‘Battle’ career campaign featuring 26 challenging events.
- NEW ACHIEVEMENTS: Unlock 6 new DLC-specific achievements.
The ‘BATTLE CARS’ pack is available to download from today for just: $2.49 [USD].
To celebrate the release, VooFoo Studios are running a Double XP Weekend from Fri, Sept 15th to Sun, Sept 17 th, during which time players can earn double the XP in all areas of Mantis Burn Racing®.
Out now on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam®, Mantis Burn Racing® is one of the most visually stunning and immersive top-down racing games ever made with an extensive career mode, highly competitive 4-player split-screen races, online modes for up to 8 players and an in-depth RPG-style vehicle upgrade system.
About VooFoo Studios Ltd
VooFoo Studios Ltd is an independent UK based video games development studio, founded in 2007 by a small team of experienced industry professionals. Utilising its own proprietary cutting edge technology, VooFoo’s first game, the critically acclaimed Hustle Kings, was released for PlayStation 3 in 2009, reaching the top of the PSN charts and earning VooFoo nominations for two highly coveted Develop Awards.
Building on this early success VooFoo have gone on to develop Hustle Kings on PlayStation Vita, Backgammon Blitz and the acclaimed ‘Pure’
series of games – Pure Chess, Pure Pool and Pure Hold’em – all of which have further established our reputation for developing visually stunning, commercially successful games. VooFoo’s first self-published game, the TIGA Games Industry Awards nominated, Mantis Burn Racing®, is available now on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Steam® (for Windows PC).