Grapple Aboard Your Walkers, Nomads! Season 3 Has Arrived in Donkey Crew’s Nomadic Survival MMO, Available Now on Xbox One Consoles & Xbox Series X|S Via Backward Compatibility with Full Cross-Platform Play Support with Steam PC
Independent development studio, Donkey Crew, has announced today that Last Oasis is available to download now on the Xbox Games Store via the Xbox Game Preview program priced at $29.99 or regional equivalent. Their latest trailer was revealed today as part of ID@Xbox’s debut Indie Showcase event in conjunction with Twitch. Today also marks the arrival of Season 3 on Xbox One Consoles and playable on Xbox Series X|S via Backward Compatibility, as well as full cross-platform play support across Xbox and Steam PC SKU’s.
Last Oasis was born out of Donkey Crew’s mission to tackle the challenges of the Survival MMO genre and elevate its best features to create the ultimate survival experience. Working closely with their dedicated and growing community, that mission continues today in Xbox’s Game Preview program alongside Steam Early Access and with the arrival of Season 3, creating a more customizable way to play.
Set thousands of years in the future on a post-apocalyptic Earth, Last Oasis sees players take on the role of nomadic survivors, forced to outrun the scorching sun after a cataclysmic event has halted the planet’s rotation. Nomads must traverse the massive open world on wooden wind-powered land ships known as Walkers, which can be adapted for travel, transportation, harvesting, and combat. The remnants of humanity survive only by sending unwilling nomads into the passing oases to face warring clans and gather the necessary resources to keep moving. Not many return, alive.
- Crossplay Realms: Last Oasis players can enjoy the game across all platforms, together with full cross-platform play support across Xbox and Steam PC SKU’s.
- Revamped User Interface: Complete UI overhaul, accommodating both Mouse & Keyboard and Gamepad Input.
- Gamepad Controls: Available for both Xbox and PC players, the input scheme has been designed to bring competitive level controls to all players, no matter the input method.
- Xbox Only Realms: Players on Xbox have the ability to engage in official Crossplay Realms or Xbox Only Realms.
- All New Realm Browser: Season 3 comes with the addition of an all-new approach to Realms in Last Oasis. Smaller realms, faster pacing, and the ability to have multiple characters (1 in each realm). Go here for more information on Realms.
Donkey Crew’s Creative Director and Last Oasis Project Lead, Florian Hoffreither.
“With the Xbox launch and the start of the season 3, instead of a single realm accommodating all players from every region, the world will be split into a multitude of realms, each with its own region, size, and a clan cap. Now, everyone has a choice of how they want to play and, more importantly, with whom.”
Season 3 begins in Last Oasis today across all platforms. See below for a full list of rollout features.
Season 3 Features
- Sky Walkers – Powered by an intricate flapping wing machinery, flying Sky Walkers allow players to harness the wind to take the wooden machines to new heights. With a realistic flying model and all the possibilities of the iconic Walkers, they bring the Nomadic experience to a whole new level.
- New Map – Kali Spires oasis features a whole city in the sky available for exploration. Reachable by Nomads only on flying Sky Walkers, it offers unimaginable treasures, but poses a significant threat to anyone who dares venture forth. New enemies to fight, settlements to raid, resources to harvest, and much more.
- Giant Worm – Experience the giant worms for the first time in Last Oasis. Dubbed “The Long Ones”, these roaming creatures are the biggest threats Nomads will face. The worms are ravenous. Once the beast focuses on a Walker, it loses sight of everything else. In order to defeat the worm, experienced nomadic hunters must band together.
- Asteroids – As the Moon continues to crumble, more asteroids continue to fall from the sky. Now not only in barren deserts, but in livable oases, these giant fiery rocks hold great treasures for those who get to mine them first. Will you fight your fellow Nomads for the riches of the Moon?
Last Oasis launches today on Xbox One Consoles and will be playable on Xbox Series X|S via Backward Compatibility as well as offering players full cross-platform play support with Steam PC and fully synchronised updates across all platforms moving forward, starting with Season 3 content.