April 14, 2015 – Paris, France – Indie developer Area Effect announced today that it has released the first playable demo for its upcoming 3D procedurally generated action-adventure RPG, IZLE, along with the announcement that the community has spoken and the game has officially been Greenlit on Steam. Players can now download the demo on both PC and Mac here: http://www.izlegame.com/demo.
IZLE will be available digitally on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux) and home consoles (PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Wii-U).
Izle invites its players to build their own world by summoning the power of the gods and terraforming a variety of magical islands, each of which is randomly created and ready for players to explore. Izle is a 3D adventure game, a unique cross between Zelda, Minecraft and Dark Souls, a procedural game focused on exploration and combat where you’ll have to adapt to progress and to survive.
“We’ve received some really positive feedback from our growing Kickstarter community and we hope that this demo will explain what we’re trying to achieve with our game, by giving players and backers a taste of our vision and what they can expect in Izle,” said Alexis Bacot, the creator of Izle.
The demo introduces players to IZLE’s narrative and allows them to explore the first four islands in the game. Players will battle against the darkness, discover hidden treasures, farm resources to create new items, and learn to utilize the power of terraforming to create their own IZLE adventure. While the final game will look and play much differently, this demo will help to solidify both the concepts behind the game and the developer’s target for the final release.
Key Features of Izle:
- Entire kingdoms and islands will be created or shattered based on your gameplay decisions. The landscape of Izle will reflect your actions in unprecedented ways
- The freedom of terraforming allows players to acquire powers and use them to create procedurally-generated islands filled with rolling hills, daunting castles, treacherous volcanoes, underground ice caves, and sprawling dungeons
- Real-time combat means fast paced melee and ranged action, interspersed with magical spells. A new item ability system allows players to create their own specialized character builds
- A truly destructible world, with every blade of grass, tree, hill and mountain being destructible
- Excitement of exploration. Players will have a vast, unique world to uncover, but they will also have many exciting ways to go about exploring it
- Players can dig, climb, swing, swim, fly and more to travel through their world to discover all the wonder and mysteries that await.
Area Effect was founded by Alexis Bacot in 2011, having worked for several years at Ubisoft where he worked as a Lead Gameplay Engineer and Producer in a very unique R&D team focused on gameplay, technologies and innovation.