Encased from Dark Crystal Games is now available in Early Access. Encased is an isometric role-playing game set in a sci-fi post-apocalyptic world. During the Early Access developers will focus their attention on the story and non-linear narration.
The game was successfully funded on Kickstarter in September of 2018, and is currently one of the top 50 wishlisted games on Steam! The Early Access price will be $30.
At the start of Early Access, players will be able to complete the prologue and first act of the game. You will play as an employee of the CRONUS Foundation, recruited to live in and study the anomalous zone known as the Dome. During an expedition, the player triggers a mysterious incident that leads to a cycle of events that will forever change the world under the Dome. The initial Early Access release will feature 10+ hours of gameplay. In addition to the main quest, players will have the option to pursue several side-quests, develop skills and character attributes, participate in multiple turn-based battles, and explore some of the open world and CRONUS fortifications.
The full release is planned for 2020. During Early Access, developers will be releasing regular updates to significantly increase the amount of available content, locations and quests.
Dark Crystal Games studio paid a lot of attention to working with the community during the development. Future players had an opportunity to fill in interactive questionnaires that filled the game with additional NPCs, quests and stories. By filling in the special questionnaire, the community could offer its own weapons: from baseball bats with nails to monstrous flamethrowers. Social media followers could share their own ideas for the plot and setting of the game, many of which will be included in the final version of the project.
- A story that covers events before, during, and after the apocalypse
- Your choice of main character archetype from five different divisions, each with unique possibilities
- A system of skill trees and abilities offering flexible hero customization
- Classic turn-based combat
- Anomalies and artifacts left behind by the mysterious Forefathers
- Open world and non-linear main quest progression
- A variety of weapons and armor, without which it would be impossible to survive in this cruel post-apocalyptic world
- Hundreds of unique characters and a global sandbox map with a variety of random encounters