The Dark Ages. A time in the history of the world we know little about due to a limited number of written sources that survived until our times. The picture that emerges from available sources, however, is far from idyllic. The collapse of the Roman empire started the overall, global, cultural downfall and the emergence of barbarian kingdoms. Some partial reports tell of disturbing cults, beliefs, and practices that would make your hair stand on end.
ABOUT MERCYFUL FLAMES
Welcome to the gloomy times where you’ll get the chance to become an occultist that, due to a quirk of malignant fate, becomes an inquisitor. The wrong person in an incredibly responsible position. Join the ranks of a bloodthirsty church and see how far you’re willing to go to save your beloved one.
Mercyful Flames is a detective adventure RPG inspired by horror board games that’s a slow-paced yet the thrilling study of human meanness. Complete dozens of missions, each set in different but equally horrifying scenery. Investigate, bribe, fight, or even torture. Do whatever it takes to achieve your goal, and remember that you’ll be doing it all in the name of love. Or at least keep telling yourself that to remain sane.
MERCYFUL FLAMES – MAIN FEATURES
- Be quick or be dead. Track down your opponents before they manage to implement their plans.
- Roam the world of the Dark Ages. Explore the wild and deserted nooks of the kingdom.
- Use God’s Grace. Develop your skills through your power from above.
- Achieve your goal at all costs. Accuse the villagers of witchcraft and pacts with the devil if necessary.
- Become the ultimate interrogator. Break your enemies’ will and force them to reveal their darkest secrets.
- Make good use of heavenly support. Ask the Lord to send favors and to help you in your investigation.
- Get creative. And develop terrifying torture machines.
- Do what inquisitors do. Burn the enemies of the church.
- Stick with the mighty. Earn the grace of the king and the pope to become the Grand Witch Hunter.