This time instead of doing a regular introduction here we’ve decided to quote our friends from psvrnews.com as their reaction says clearly what can you expect from Follia – Dear Father – “HOLY COW!”
“Follia” is the Italian word for “madness”, and that’s exactly what our protagonist Marcus experiences as soon as he enters the grounds of Frederick Fidelity University in search of his parents. He is faced with total darkness, pierced only by the light of his flashlight or trusty lighter; the stale air of the old buildings mixes with the stench of the pools of blood and decaying corpses not far away; his heavy steps echo off the walls around him – all of it stretches Marcus’s senses to their limits.
But he needs to stay focused, steel himself against the relentless stream of horrors assaulting his sanity, and continue the search for his parents. He has no idea if they are still alive, but he is determined to at least find out what happened to them, even if it means navigating a maze of enemies lurking in the darkness. Each creature has its own reasons for its bloodlust – if he wants to stand a chance of surviving, Marcus will need to stay quiet, stick to the shadows, and choose his next steps carefully.
Some doors may not open, but thankfully there are many ways through the old institution, and he can always backtrack if he reaches a dead end. Who would have thought a lighter, a crowbar, and a cast-iron stomach would be the strongest weapons in the halls of Frederick Fidelity University?
HOW FOLLIA – DEAR FATHER PLAYS:
Follia – Dear Father is a first-person stealth survival horror that captures the genre’s essence in the halls and rooms of a university campus. Marcus Pitt, a young man whose only claim to fame is that both his parents work at a university, is drawn into the horrors that have emerged on the campus of the very same institution. His journey to find his parents, or at least find out what has happened to them, will take him into his worst nightmares – the seat of learning has been transformed into a place of death and horror. As he makes his way through the madness, Marcus will have to fight to make it out alive and with his sanity intact. Starting with just a handful of items to help him navigate the dimly lit corridors, he has to summon all his strength to survive and continue the search for his parents. Even though it might already be too late, his hopes of finding them alive will not die – unlike everyone else on campus, who already seem to have met their own gory end.
Explore and look for clues that will help you unravel the mystery of how a university has become a slaughterhouse. Keep your eyes open – your flashlight could die any minute and engulf you in darkness. Sneak along corridors, explore every room you come across, and backtrack to find more clues and access additional parts of the university’s campus. But remember – whatever has happened here, evil has now seeped into every part of this immense university.
FOLLIA – DEAR FATHER MAIN FEATURES:
- Immersive survival horror experience – You never know where enemies will appear from in the darkness.
- Replay value – Challenge yourself in three difficulty modes, from beginner to hardcore gamer.
- Keep low and quiet – Stealth is the key to survival… sometimes!
- Explore – Find items, resources, and collectables to uncover every secret.
- Hear that?! – The atmospheric soundtrack and ambient sounds will make your blood run cold.
- Engulfing VR experience – Completely immerse yourself in the horror with virtual reality (available for HTC Vive and PlayStation VR).
- Backtrack – Unlock additional parts of the map. Your exploration will be rewarded!
- Horrifyingly deadly enemies – Each one is different, so make sure you know what you’re doing before you approach them.