Roam through endless space, manage your space fleet, and fight an alien race for resources in Star Exodus – an RTS game coming to PC that has just been announced.
The reinstatement of national space programs in the twenty-first century and the emergence of competing, privately-owned companies were only the starting point for the cosmic exploration of humanity’s dreams. However, it took us several more centuries to reach a point where the visions our ancestors fantasized about in then-popular TV series and games like Battlestar Galactica and Homeworld became our reality. Roaming through endless space and fighting an alien race for resources was no longer something from a science fiction comic book but an everyday challenge for which we were well-prepared. The one thing we weren’t ready to face was the truth about our own species.
ABOUT STAR EXODUS
Star Exodus is a single-player, real-time strategy game defined by exploration and player choice that will allow gamers to wander throughout endless space. Fight for and manage resources while taking care of your crew. Embark on the journey of a lifetime and put your survival skills to the test. Modify your fleet, face an intelligent alien race, and try to find your place in the universe.
STAR EXODUS – MAIN FEATURES
- Extract valuable resources from across the galaxy. Control and manage them wisely. Remember not to run out of food or fuel, and adjust your ships to your crew’s needs. Remember that if you lose a ship, all associated resources associated are gone.
- Keep your crew’s morale high. In the end, your team is the most important resource you have, and you’re only as strong as your fleet. Think carefully before making every decision and try to be a responsible and conscious leader not to be abandoned due to poor management decisions.
- Let your decisions shape the plot. Decide about the lives of not only your enemies but, more importantly, your crew. Be ready for the varied consequences your choices will bring. Remember that no two games will be the same, so try to discover all alternative endings and create your own story.
- Be ready for close encounters of the third kind. Space is endless, and so are the possibilities of meeting various alien spaceships during exploration. Usually, their crews will attempt to brutally remove you from their path. It will be your job as captain to decide whether to protect your crew and escape or face the enemy fleet. Use environmental elements to trick your opponents or hide. Send battleships or ambush hostile aliens by lurking behind asteroids to protect your team. Don’t be too reckless, as the aliens may be smarter than you think.
- Build the strongest space fleet around. Assign utilities to specific ships and customize your fleet as you develop. Choose the right tools to upgrade and modify your ships according to your needs. Meet and recruit friendly ships. See if you’ve got what it takes to build a powerful, truly unstoppable space fleet.
- Decide what to do with the resources at your disposal. You choose to what extent you’ll take your space exploration. You can even create an entire society within your fleet. One thing is certain – you have possibilities no one on earth could ever imagine. The only question is – what will you do with them?
Star Exodus is being developed for PC by DreamStorm Studios and will be published by Games Operators.