Do you remember your early school days? How was it for you? Were you one of the popular kids that enjoyed making new friends, facing exciting challenges, and learning cool stuff? Or maybe you were one of those children that the cool kids made fun of? Matheus, the main protagonist in The Path of Calydra, definitely belonged to the second group.
Shy and withdrawn, the boy was an easy target for school bullies. Soon enough, most of the pupils were making fun of Matheus by creating memes, laughing at them, and then sharing them over the internet. As a result, the only friend Matheus had was Agro the puppy. And the only times he really felt happy was when alone in his room playing his favorite game, Spiral Galaxy 2. Oh, if only there was a place somewhere without the internet! But Matheus knew there was no escape for him. Until one afternoon, when an unusual entity named Calydra appeared in his room and opened a portal to Calysgore – a mysterious world full of wonders, magic, and… no internet! Matheus entered the portal without a second thought, and this is where our adventure begins, and our hero is born.
ABOUT THE GAME
The Path of Calydra is a beautiful 3D-adventure platformer set in the fantastic world of Calysgore. Featuring the young boy Matheus, joined by a mysterious entity called Calydra, the two embark on a quest to find four crystals that represent lost elemental powers. Matheus can do all every little boy is capable of: running, climbing, and dodging. But with the help of Calydra’s powers somehow magically cumulated in Matheus’s backpack, the boy can also breathe underwater, fly, and gain super combat skills to face Calysgore’s dangers – and there are many! Help Matheus find all the crystals and get the boy safe back home.
THE PATH OF CALYDRA – MAIN FEATURES
- A backpack full of magic. An ordinary item like a school backpack can become extraordinary with a pinch of Calydra’s magic. Not only visually changing shapes but, most importantly, giving Matheus extra powers that shape the gameplay in four different ways.
- Puzzles powered by four elements. Rare treasures and hidden passageways are protected not only by clever mechanical or weight mechanisms but also by the power of the four elements Matheus is seeking.
- Epic battles with Calysgore’s guardians. Creatures not seen in real life are in possession of Calydra’s powers, and it’s up to Matheus to find the courage to face and fight them one by one.
- A magical world filled with secrets to be discovered. Perfect for the inquisitive boy he is, Matheus will get the chance to freely explore the mysterious Calydra’s world.
- An adventure of a lifetime. Learn Matheus’s story, help him get Calydra her powers back, and bring the boy home safely.
The Path of Calydra is being developed on PC by FinalBoss and Varsav Game Studios and published on Steam by Varsav Game Studios.