THE ENDLESS UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH DUNGEON OF THE ENDLESS AVAILABLE NOW ON STEAM
Amplitude Studios’ Retro-Style Dungeon Defense Game Re-defines A New Generation of Rogue-likes on PC
Paris, France – October 27, 2014— Award-winning indie developer Amplitude Studios announced today its highly anticipated rogue-like dungeon defense game Dungeon of the Endless is available now for PC on Steam. The charming yet brutally tough genre-blending title is now complete and packed with robust features, from new spaceships (that affect strategy) to new levels (jungle levels), to a four-person cooperative multiplayer experience and a rich set of interweaving storylines. Dungeon of the Endless is available now on Steam: $11.69 for the Pixel Pack or $17.99 for the Founder’s Pack.
“For nearly a year we have been listening to our community’s feedback on Steam and the relationship of creative support has been fascinating, challenging, and enlightening. The release is just a new milestone in this process,” said Romain de Waubert de Genlis, Creative Director at Amplitude Studios. “Dungeon is a totally different game for us, one that defies the definition of a standard rogue-like, and to a certain extent, categorization altogether. It’s equal parts rogue-like, RPG, tower-defense, and strategy game.”
Dungeon of the Endless Game Features Include:
- Do-or-Die Gamestyle: A distinct rogue-like do-or-die playstyle encourages teamwork in the face of constant waves of brutal, hideous monsters.
- Never the Same Game Twice: Each time gamers play, they experience randomly created dungeons that compel them to adopt new strategies.
- Strategy is the Key: Players learn to search and deploy defenses and manage lean resources such as Dust, Food, Industry and Science to keep their team prepared for the next onslaught of enemies each time a door is opened.
- A pinch of RPG: Form a team of heroes, equip them, level them up and deploy them to earn powerful abilities.
- Interweaving Storylines: The dungeons aren’t the only things that are endless in Dungeon of the Endless. It offers overlapping and even intimate relationships between characters that are always fun and often surprising.
- Cooperative Multiplayer: For gamers who like to play with others, the two-to-four player cooperative enables players to strategize best routes, work together to share resources, and team up to kick all sorts of alien booty.
Dungeon of the Endless offers a unique blend of rogue-like toughness, RPG-light building options, and dungeon-defense strategies – all blended into a totally new game experience. Presented with a retro 2D look using modern 3D graphics and lighting, Dungeon of the Endless enables players to equip a team in single-player, or up to four people in cooperative multiplayer, to gather resources, construct defenses, and explore an infinite number of dungeons in an effort to reach the planet’s surface.
Players will collect resources just like those found in Amplitude’s popular 4X strategy games Endless Legend and Endless Space (Dust, Food, Industry, and Science), strategically using them to ascend to the next level of the dungeon. If all goes right, they’ll even reach the surface and see the light of another day.
Known for its deep, engaging, and gorgeous 4X strategy games, Amplitude Studios won the venerable 2013 Golden Cube and Community Choice Unity Awards for Endless Space and recently released the 4X fantasy-based game Endless Legend.