Still going strong more than 18 months post-release, Armello, the award-winning digital board game from League of Geeks, is receiving its seventh major content update today on Steam; v1.7 Wyld’s Ward.
At the same time, LoG is also launching The Bandit Clan DLC on Steam. With four unique Bandit Heroes, Bandit Dice and Ring, over 50 unique quests, an Amulet and Card Skin, The Bandit Clan is League of Geeks largest and most highly anticipated DLC release to date and increases the number of playable Clans to five, and playable Heroes to 16. The Bandit Clan is now available on Windows, Mac and Linux via Steam for just $9.99 USD.
Additionally, to celebrate The Bandit Clan and Wyld’s Ward releases, for a limited time Armello and the Armello OST will be 30% off, with previously released DLC (The Usurpers Hero Pack & Seasons Board Skins Pack) prices marked down by 10%.
Each character has their own distinct stats and special power, allowing players to find heroes that tailor to their style.
The new heroes include:
- Scarlet, The Bandit King – This fox is a natural leader. Charm, wit, and merciless determination.
- Hero Power: Recruits followers from settlements she saves.
- Twiss, Little Lightpaw – Tiny squirrel, greatest thief Armello’s ever known.
- Hero Power: Always has Evade when opponents attack, steals a card if successful.
- Sylas, Fisher of Souls – An otter motivated by nothing but revenge. Lives for the kill.
- Hero Power: Gains a piercing attack for each Bounty level he has.
- Horace, The Iron Poet – An old knight too skilled to die, a badger too loyal to retire.
- Hero Power: Can trade places with King’s Guards.
Both Wyld’s Ward and The Bandit Clan will release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at a later date.
Armello merges the deep tactics of card games with the rich strategy of table top and a character role-playing system. Players take turns exploring a vibrant world, battling players and vanquishing evil banes, with the shared goal of claiming the throne from the mad lion king of Armello.
“We’ve been sitting on the Bandit Clan for a while now, and in fact it was our backer community who wanted to share this content with the world, with all the new content and almost 18 months post launch, Wyld’s Ward is the perfect update to set Bandits loose on Armello!” – Trent Kusters, co-founder and director of League of Geeks.
Also, we got a chance to meet with League of Geeks at PaxWest 2015. Here is our review of Armello.
About League of Geeks
League of Geeks is a Melbourne-based Australian indie developer made of industry veterans. While Armello is the studio’s first game, the team members’ individual resumes cite famous AAA franchises including Pokémon, Grand Theft Auto, Fallout, Bioshock, Dragon Age and Warhammer.