Prepare yourself for a dark and ominous experience as you wander around the contaminated Chernobylite area, because this title will not only come into being, it will also include a bigger area available for exploration, new languages, a weapon crafting system, and real Chernobyl Exclusion Zone sounds!
Thanks to the loyal support of the Kickstarter community, Chernobylite won’t just be visually realistic – the game world will also be much larger than previously assumed. In addition, the game’s realism will be enriched by audio recorded in the very locations in which the game is set: Chernobyl and Pripyat! The game will also be translated into even more languages, so that more people can truly enjoy Chernobylite and experience the game in their native languages. Gameplay will also be enhanced with the addition of a weapons crafting system.
The creators decided to give away free Steam keys of their previous documentary Chernobyl VR Project as the extra prize to anybody who supported or will support the campaign with pledge higher than 15 USD. So far Chernobyl VR Project was available only on virtual reality devices, but for Kickstarter backers there will be some special version placed on Steam that won’t require using VR headsets.
With two days left until the campaign ends (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thefarm51/chernobylite-survival-horror-in-3d-scanned-chernob), now’s pretty much your last chance to support it and help the developers add not only a brand new recruitable character to the game but also a whole new location!
It’s also worth adding the game to your wishlist on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1016800/Chernobylite/) so as not to miss any updates on its further development.
The developers are very active on Discord, organizing AMAs and other activities for their community there. So if you’d like to take part in those, feel free to join their official channel (https://discord.gg/mehRmzY).
ABOUT THE GAME:
Chernobylite is a science-fiction survival horror experience from the team behind the critically acclaimed Get Even. The game mixes the free exploration of its disturbing world with challenging combat, unique crafting, and non-linear storytelling.
CHERNOBYLITE – MAIN FEATURES:
- Explore a beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone;
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers in the Zone. But whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember everybody has a hidden agenda. Always;
- Face and survive natural and supernatural threats;
- Immerse yourself in the thrilling, non-linear science-fiction horror story;
- Make good use of your physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies;
- Fight against savage creatures pouring out from an alternate reality;
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment and substance-analyzing tools.