CARDS AND CASTLES, which launched on iOS and Android devices in April 2014, is the first title developed by indie studio Bit Mass. A novel approach to collectible card games (CCGs), Cards and Castles adds grid-based strategy gameplay and a number of formidable factions (Vikings, Crusaders, Warlocks, Pirates, or Ninjas) to keep things interesting. The game now boasts more than 400,000 downloads worldwide.
“We’ve seen 1,000 percent growth in downloads since the ‘Doorway to Madness’ update hit last week. We expect to do even better with ‘The Ancient Hero Returns.’ This expansion adds a ton of single-player content, a drafting-style competition format—and neat features such as automatic deck building and a much-requested ‘Abandon Quest’ button. Slow January? We don’t think so!” — Matt Siegel, founder of Bit Mass.
KEY FEATURES (“THE ANCIENT HERO RETURNS” UPDATE)
* Draft Contest revamp: Pick cards one at a time for intense competition based on the popular tournament format.
* New “Brynjolf the Ancient Hero” single player mini-campaign.
* Keep tabs on your friends: See when they’re online—and find out how you rank in comparison with a friendly leaderboard option!
* Scenarios are now grouped for easy access.
* Support link available for seamless communication with the devs.
* Need a “do over”? An “Abandon Quest” option is now available.
* Throw caution to the wind with a deck auto-builder.
* When a user collects a new card, it’s now marked as “new.”
* Deck “win” stats now tracked for rankings.
* “New and improved” automatic deck naming.
* Max wins now tracked in Draft mode.
* Win streaks (live mode only).
PRICING & DOWNLOAD LINKS
Cards and Castles is free to play and can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play: