Happinet Reveals Gameplay Trailer Showcasing the Acclaimed Grand Adventure on a New Platform; Free Major Updates Planned for Nintendo Switch™
Japanese videogame company, Happinet, is excited to share that SRPG Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia will launch worldwide on December 10 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. 20 years since the first Brigandine game launched on the original PlayStation®, Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia is a classic returning to the PlayStation as a new turn-based strategy game created for modern gaming platforms and set in a familiar fantasy world primed for players to conquer and brought to life by veteran development talent, including scenario writer, Kenji Terada (Batman: Dark Tomorrow, FINAL FANTASY I – III), art director and character designer, Raita Kazama (Puzzle & Dragons, Xenoblade Chronicles), and the homecoming of composer Tenpei Sato (Brigandine: Grand Edition, Disgaea 1 -5). Happinet is pleased to confirm that Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia will be playable on the PlayStation®5.
Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia will receive major updates and improvements based on community feedback for the 2019 Nintendo Switch™ system version, which currently has a MetaCritic score of over 76%. The update will be free of charge and is expected to be released close to the PS4™ system launch on December 10. Brigandine fans can expect further details, along with other game details to be shared on the official website and English Twitter account. Additionally, in partnership with Limited Run Games, limited physical edition preorders for the PS4™ system physical retail version will be available beginning October 9 and ends on November 8. Further details will be available soon.
Featuring a Fantasy world conquest within the turn-based strategy genre, Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia will offer hundreds of hours of immersive gameplay in this stunning new campaign for conquest. Players choose one of six nations to assume the role of the ruler aiming to conquer Runersia. As a ruler, players will command more than 100 Rune Knights throughout the six nations leading various monster troops of various dragons, ghouls, and fairies, into fierce battles on hexagonal grid maps in the tactical turn-based battle system.
Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia Features:
- Choose between six nations and enjoy the high degree of freedom- Players decide which nation to play as and which countries to invade and how to conquer the continent
- Hundreds of hours of gameplay- A single nation’s plotline can take over 30 hours of playtime and content from the mainline with multiple endings, three difficulty levels, and post-ending content
- Original gameplay and design from its predecessor- Combat is turn-based tactical RPG, with knights on each side leading three monster platoons into battle on a hexagonal grid to jostle for victory
- Immersive gameplay and original artwork from talented veterans- Lead artist and character designer, Raita Kazama, known for his character and monster designs in Xenoblade Chronicles, Puzzle & Dragon and others, brings his artistry to the 40 base locations, over 100 unique knights, and 50 monster types in Runersia
- Challenge mode- Battle in a combination of a sandbox and score attack experience where new missions are non-stop, challenging the player’s ability to change strategies on the fly as difficulty becomes harder the longer a player survives