D3PUBLISHER Inc. Brings Complete English Reimagining of the Japanese Classic Hack ‘n Slash “Onee Chanbara” Series for North America and Europe
D3PUBLISHER Inc., a leading Japanese games publisher, is excited to announce today that the reimagined English HD re-release of Japanese high-speed action hack ‘n slash zombie slayer game, Onee Chanbara Origin is available globally for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC via Steam®.
Onee Chanbara Origin is available to purchase digitally on the PlayStation®Store and Steam for PC with standard editions priced at $59.99/ €49.99 and digital deluxe editions available for $74.99/€59.99. The digital deluxe edition comes with all of the DLC, including costume outfits for all playable characters and extra DLC mission sets. The season pass will also be available for players who purchase the standard edition on the PS4™ system version for $19.99/ €16.99, which includes all of the DLC for Onee Chanbara Origin.
Developed by Tamsoft and published by D3PUBLISHER, Onee Chanbara Origin is a complete HD remake with all-new art style graphics and optimized storytelling, combining both “The Onechanbara” and “The Onechanbara 2” games, which were originally released for PlayStation®2 in 2004 and 2005. Now for a new generation, Onee Chanbara Origin features all renewed main character designs, restyled by the new main character designer Katsumi Enami, a seasoned designer bringing his talents to the “Onechanbara” series for the first time.
Onee Chanbara Origin tells a new interpretation of the story of the two half-sisters, Aya and Saki, bound by mutual hatred and locked in a brutal fight to the death, eventually overcoming their cruel fate and fighting alongside one another to find their father in this high-speed zombie-slaying hack ‘n slash series.
Onee Chanbara Origin key features include:
- Battle between Sisters: Play as both Aya and Saki, each with her own unique weapons and abilities, and players can tag-team between them on the fly or even perform team combos to maximize zombie annihilation.
- Fight the Undead: Slash and brawl your way through bloody hordes of mutated madmen zombies, policeman zombies with handguns, soldiers resurrected as zombies, and zombie bosses.
- Tons of Customization and Replayability: Watch as the sisters fight their way in newly found sexy battle attires against the hordes of the undead.
- Combo in Style: Strike enemies with precise button presses that will link attacks into a “Cool Combination,” emitting a blueish glow that increases movement speed and power, along with other buffs such as gaming access to an extra attack sequence during a combo.
- Go Berserk Mode: Both Aya and Saki can enter Berserk Mode by getting blood splatters on them from the zombies they kill to “corrupt” their bodies, gaining an immense boost in attack power, allowing them to hack-and-slash their way through hordes of enemies with ease.
Become a Beast in Trance Mode: Maintaining Berserk Mode gives players the chance to then transform into a demon in Trance mode—a short burst of immense power and speed beyond Berserk Mode, but at the cost of life energy.