Grab a handful of your closest comrades and get ready to betray your friends when Project Winter launches on Windows on May 23rd for 19.99 USD!
When a cadre of eight are dropped in the frigid wilderness with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a log cabin to protect them from the elements, teamwork is essential to surviving the dropping temperatures and blood-thirsty wildlife.
But what happens when slowly, but surely, it’s evident that not everyone in the group is out to prove that there is no “I” in team? Project Winter is an 8-person multiplayer game focused on social deception and survival where players are randomly assigned to the role of Traitor or Survivor.
Players must gather resources, repair structures, and brave the wilderness together – but beware of traitors within the group who will be steadily gaining strength as the match progresses and whose only goal is to stop the survivors by any means necessary. Communication and teamwork are essential to the survivors’ ultimate goal of escape.
Since launching in Early Access at the beginning of February of this year, Project Winter has snowballed into a title worthy of the praise being offered from streamers and fans alike! Early Access was only the beginning for the developers at Other Ocean, who have implemented major upgrades and improvements to every area of the game over the last 3 months.
These updates include a “Mass Hysteria” event which adds a further level of deception that makes it hard to tell friend from foe (as if it wasn’t hard enough!), Truth Serum to aid the survivors in rooting out their saboteurs, and more AI improvements than you can shake a pickaxe at!
Project Winter is offering two bundle sales to help get your friends into the game or to buy in a group! Until game launch on May 23rd players can buy 4 copies at 15% off or 8 copies at 25% off!
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes – communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins, they may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.
Project Winter will release on the Steam Store, Humble Bundle, and Greenman Gaming for Windows PC, with controller support for USD 19.99. The game was developed in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador with valued support from the Canada Media Fund.