Tom Happ is proud to announce the worldwide Nintendo Switch eShop launch date for Axiom Verge will be Thursday, October 5. This represents a change from the previously announced date of October 17. The reason for the change is that the retail Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition, published by Badland Games, will be delayed until November due to production lead times. An updated release date for the retail version will be announced soon. In the meantime, fans can pre-order the physical version now. Further information and retailer links can be found at: http://badlandindie.com/axiom-verge-multiverse-edition/.
Axiom Verge is an action-platform-exploration game that’s not only created in intricate detail in the style of classics such as Metroid, Contra, Bionic Commando, and Blaster Master, but also uses those old-school “glitches” that we know and love as a gameplay feature. You’ll use them to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and pass through walls into hidden areas in a massive alien world.
Axiom Verge is priced at $19.99 / €17.99 and is already available on Steam, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Xbox One, and Wii U. The Wii U version has a Metacritic score of 89 and was the top rated Wii U game of 2016. It was nominated for 2015 Indie Game of the Year by The Game Awards.
- Explore an expansive non-linear alien world with more than 900 unique, interlocking rooms.
- Gobs of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and tons of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Battle with nearly 70 unique creatures and gigantic screen-filling bosses.
- “Glitches” now allow you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode – Play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
ABOUT TOM HAPP
Tom started making games professionally in 2002 and has worked at EA Tiburon Studios, Red Eye Studios, and Petroglyph Games in capacities ranging from animator to technical artist to programmer. He is responsible for everything in Axiom Verge, including the coding, design, art, animation, music, and writing.