Escaping the usual and boring clichés seen way too often in recent football games, ’90s Football Stars boldly recalls the glory days of the genre, bringing back memories of cult classics like Sensible World of Soccer and International Superstar Soccer. All set in inspiringly bonkers atmosphere and retro art style of the ’90s. If you remember the legendary Dutch, Argentinean, and German teams from the not so distant past and such names as Gullit, Romário, and Valderama make you smile, this game is deﬁnitely for you and will give you a real thrill.
’90s Football Stars is a 2.5D arcade football game. It is super fast, dynamic experience with medium sized ﬁelds, no fouls and offsides whistled. Just pure fun! Mastering the game is incredibly easy during fun and furious 7vs7 matches.
“We all love the ’90s. It is when we grew up and our love affair with football started in the ’90s. We used to play in the school yards and everybody wanted to be Maradona or Van Basten. It was also a time of great, dynamic football games such as ‘International Superstar Soccer’ that really captured the spirit and beauty of real football. With ’90s Football Stars we want to bring back to football games pure fun.” – Pablo Cerrutti, Studio Head in Purple Tree.
- Fast and dynamic gameplay reminiscent of legendary ’90s football games
- Retro art style with VHS ﬁlter designed to give that classic ’90s feel
- All the teams qualiﬁed to World Cup 2018 available recreated in retro style with additional 50+ teams to be added later on
- Legendary players used as reference: original ’90s kits, haircuts and accessories. Give that hockey hair a second chance!
- Humor – football managers and simulators are boring. Let’s bring back fun to football!
- The original soundtrack bringing back the sound of the ’90s
“We have this strong impression that modern football games are nowhere near to what they used to be. And this is why when we played the early version of ’90s Football Stars we immediately knew we had to be a part of it. We loved its amazingly beautiful, not-too-serious art direction and creative modern approach to classic gameplay. ’90s Football Stars is an arcade game made for people who are sick and tired of recurrent football managers or very complicated hardcore simulators.” – Michal Gembicki, CEO in Klabater.