CARY, N.C. — Sept. 28, 2015 – iEntertainment Network’s (OTCBB:IENT) acclaimed World War II simulation WarBirds 2016 has landed on Steam!
Celebrating its 20th anniversary, WarBirds 2016 is loaded with a wide range of improvements and brand new content — including new geographical terrains, airplanes, online modes, and flight models by veteran fighter pilots and engineers. All WarBirds 2015 owners will automatically be upgraded to WarBirds 2016.
Steam URL: http://store.steampowered.com/app/365620
WarBirds is the longest running online combat flight simulation in the world. Hundreds of thousands of WarBirds veterans have flown, won, died, and celebrated the Greatest Generation’s fighter and bomber pilots of World War II. WarBirds takes dedicated learning and lots of practice to survive and win.
“WarBirds 2016 rewards attention to detail, teamwork, and courage under fire above all else,” says iEntertainment Network’s CEO, ‘Wild Bill’ Stealey Lt. Colonel, USAF Retired, Command Pilot. “These are the same qualities you were expected to have if you sought to survive the deadliest air battles of World War II.”
New for WarBirds 2016
- 11 Geographical Air-to-air Competition Terrains
- Pearl Harbor, Japan Islands, Korea, Solomon Islands, Greece, North Sea, New Guinea, Truk, Sicily, Marstown
- 6 Aircraft
- P36, MC200, P-38G, Japanese N1K1-J fighter, Nakajima L2d Troop Transport, and British Spitfire 9b
- 22 Improved Flight Models
- P-40 (E and N models), WarHawk, F4U-1A (both flown by legendary WW II Ace, Pappy Boyington with 25 Recorded Kills — featured in the 1970s TV series, *Baa Baa Black Sheep*), A6M5 Japanese Zero, and more
- Flight Model Updates
- Improved torque effects, realistic fuel burn modeling, engine overheat damage models, adjusted turn, roll, and climb rates, more accurate gun ballistics — along with a new, more capable autopilot feature
Online Gameplay (New for 2016!)
- One Life Squadron Select Series Events (a.k.a. S3 Events; more info below)
- Combined Arms Events (air and ground tanks and bombers get up to three wingmen that can be sent on separate missions; players can jump to wingmen at any time!)
- Advanced Fight Arena (Fighter Vs. Fighter — including Thursday Night Fight nights broadcast on Twitch TV)
- Fighter Pilot Ladders (1v1, 2v2 for WGFP awards — World’s Greatest Fighter Pilot)
- New AI drone options
- “Operation Lost” (navigate or die!)
- “KILL BILL” events where players can get free t-shirts and a free month of online play if they manage to shoot down “Wild Bill” Stealey
- Large historic 3D terrains with the longest views in all of flight simulation history; take off from London and see the Normandy coast across the channel
- Realistic flight modeling of WWII combat aircraft
- Accurate ballistic modeling of all weapons including guns, rockets, and bomb delivery
- Requires real flying skills to survive and win
- Monthly historic combat events played with online players on both Axis and Allied sides
- Constantly updated and improved simulation with new aircraft, flight models, terrains, and play options added every month since 1995!
The WarBirds 2016 Squadron Select Series (S3 Events) are held five Sunday nights per quarter and are “one life” events. When players die, they are out for that night’s combat. S3 is the “longest running online combat sim event” with more than 160,000 sorties and 22,000 kills. The next event is scheduled for October 4th. Please visit http://www.squadselectseries.com/ to learn more.
Pricing & Availability
WarBirds 2016 can now be purchased on Steam for $14.99. For now, the game only runs on Windows PCs; Mac support is in the works and should arrive in the next few months.
Online play is always free — with a few caveats. During the first month, players have complete access to all features at no charge. After the first month, players can still play free but will be limited to an early set of aircraft (Early German Me 109, American B-25, early British Spitfire, etc.) — which vary from arena to arena. To gain access to the full set of aircraft in all arenas, Steam players can purchase day, week or month passes ranging from $2.99 to $15.95.
About iEntertainment Network
Founded in 1994, iEntertainment Network, Inc. (IENT) hosts online games for subscription and microtransaction revenues. IENT also sells single-player versions of its online games on Steam and other download sites. Staff and management at IENT have developed more than 500 successful games since 1982, when JW Stealey founded MicroProse Software. Many of these games have sold more than 1,000,000 copies — including the world-famous Civilization, F-15 Strike Eagle, Gunship, Pirates!, M1 Tank Platoon, and 25 additional titles. To learn more about iEntertainment Network, please visit http://www.ient.com.
Safe Harbor Notice
Certain statements contained herein are “forward-looking statements” (as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995). iEntertainment Network, Inc. (IENT) cautions that statements made in this news release constitute forward-looking statements and makes no guarantee of future performance. Forward-looking statements are based on estimates and opinions of management at the time statements are made. These statements may address issues that involve significant risks, uncertainties, estimates and assumptions made by management. Actual results could differ materially from current projections or implied results. IENT undertakes no obligation to revise these statements following the date of this news release.