Burlingame, Calif.—February 19, 2016—Today developer Team NINJA has proudly unveiled the schedule and prizing for the official tournament circuit of DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round, BATTLE ROYAL 2016. Partnering with tournament organizers Big E Gaming and Final Round LLC, Team NINJA plans to bring fans the most competitive and globally inclusive DEAD OR ALIVE tournament to date. To follow up on last year’s epic North American tour, Team NINJA has broadened its horizons to further embrace the international DEAD OR ALIVE competitive scene, with qualifier tournaments in North America and around the globe.
Comprised of seven tournaments in total—including qualifier events in Melbourne, Paris, and North America—with the grand finals at NEC XVII in December, BATTLE ROYAL 2016 breaks new ground for the global DEAD OR ALIVE community. More information about BATTLE ROYAL 2016 can be found at the official DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round website.
BATTLE ROYAL 2016 TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:
- Final Round 19: $1000 prize bonus. 1st place prize – *Player sponsorship to NEC XVII.
- Date: 3/18/16 – 3/20/16 | Location: USA – Hilton Atlanta Airport, Atlanta, GA 30354
- Battle Arena Melbourne 8: $1000 prize bonus. 1st place prize – *Player sponsorship to NEC XVII.
- Date: 5/13/16 – 5/15/16 | Location: Australia – CQ Functions, 113 Queen Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Summer Jam 10: $1000 prize bonus. 1st place prize – *Player sponsorship to NEC XVII.
- Date: 8/28/16 – 8/30/16 | Location: USA – Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, Essington, PA 19029
- Cali Crush: $1000 prize bonus. 1st place prize – *Player sponsorship to NEC XVII.
- Date: September 2016, TBD | Location: USA – TBD, Los Angeles, CA
- Republic of Fighters: $1000 prize bonus. 1st place prize – *Player sponsorship to NEC XVII.
- Date: September 2016, TBD | Location: France – TBD, Paris
- The Fall Classic 2k16: $1000 prize bonus. 1st place prize – *Player sponsorship to NEC XVII.
- Date: 10/7/16 – 10/9/16 | Location: USA – Hilton Hotel, 3415 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27609
*1st place sponsorship prize (flight, hotel, venue and entry to NEC XVII)
The Showdown (Final Tournament)
NEC XVII: $6000 prize bonus. Winner is guaranteed player sponsorship to 2017 finals.
Date: 12/16/16 – 12/18/16 | Location: Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, Essington, PA 19029
About DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round takes to the ring to deliver the signature DEAD OR ALIVE fighting style, wrapped up in the most graphically impressive version of a DEAD OR ALIVE game ever seen. Combatants present an unparalleled level of life-like detail, and smooth striking animations firmly place every fighter in the heat of the moment. The game’s dynamic interactive stages once again boast a range of visually striking locations from around the world, while offering even more destruction, deadly new danger zones, and a higher level of strategic choices for players to utilize in the quest for victory.
Developed by Team NINJA and published in North America by KOEI TECMO America, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360, as well as for PC via Steam. This title has been rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB.
For additional information regarding DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round, please visit the official website at http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/ftp.html, Like the official DEAD OR ALIVE Facebook page at www.facebook.com/deadoralivegame, and join the franchise’s fighting community by following Team NINJA on Twitter at @TeamNinjaStudio.
ABOUT KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP.
KOEI TECMO AMERICA CORP. is a publisher of interactive entertainment software for current generation consoles, handhelds and digital download content based in Burlingame, California. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of KOEI TECMO HOLDINGS CO., LTD., headquartered in Yokohama, Japan. KOEI is best known for its Dynasty Warriors® and Samurai Warriors® franchises. TECMO is best known for the Dead or Alive®, Ninja Gaiden®, Tecmo Bowl®, and Fatal Frame® series.