Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced the new Razer Blade Pro laptop. It is the first laptop to be qualified for THX® Mobile Certification, an accreditation reserved for high-performance mobile phones, tablets and laptops. THX Certification covers the display and audio output of Razer’s flagship computer.
Through the processes of THX, the Razer Blade Pro screen is calibrated and tested for resolution, color accuracy and video playback performance. The result of the exercise is an unrivaled viewing experience in any instance, whether a person is playing an FPS game or enjoying a special effects-packed movie.
Similarly, the audio jack on the new Razer Blade Pro met THX requirements for voltage output, frequency response, distortion, signal-to-noise ratio, and crosstalk that guarantees clear sound through headphones.
“The Razer Blade Pro is a top-level laptop providing an excellent THX viewing mode and audio experience, it can easily handle extreme gaming and content creation with exceptional mobile audio and visual performance.” – Ty Ahmad-Taylor, CEO of THX.
The new Razer Blade Pro features an overclocked 7th generation Intel® Core™ i7 quad core processor that boosts performance for hardcore gamers, VR enthusiasts, developers and creative professionals. Razer Synapse software allows users to choose when to run the system in overclock mode. The new Razer Blade Pro also uses faster 32 GB DDR4 system memory than its predecessor: 2667MHz vs. 2133MHz previously.
For extreme graphics and virtual reality programs, the Razer Blade Pro is the thinnest laptop with the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 GPU. Users are able to play games in ultra-high settings with 4K resolution.
“The Blade Pro was recently hailed as the ultimate Windows laptop, and we’ve leveled-up on our previous achievements with certification by THX, each refinement of the Razer Blade Pro moves us closer to an ultimate desktop replacement.” – Min-Liang Tan, Razer CEO and co-founder.
The THX Certified Razer Blade Pro features a 17.3-inch 4K IGZO monitor equipped with NVIDIA G-SYNC™ technology for the smoothest possible framerates during gaming and video playback. The display offers 100 percent Adobe RGB color accuracy to deliver stunning visuals for gamers and graphic designers. Other highlights include storage of up to 2 TB of PCIe M.2 SSD in RAID 0 configuration, a built-in SD card reader, advanced connectivity options through three USB 3.0 ports, and a Thunderbolt™ 3 port.
The Razer Blade Pro is uniquely equipped with Ultra-Low-Profile Mechanical switches with true actuation and reset points. Presses are registered with 65 grams of force, mimicking the feel of full-size mechanical keyboards. The keyboard and trackpad are Powered by Razer Chroma™. This tri-color LED technology affords virtually endless lighting effects that can be customized and synced with in-game events.
While other similarly equipped laptops are more than two inches thick and 10 pounds, the new Blade Pro has a CNC aluminum chassis that is 0.88 inches thin and eight pounds. Its 250 W AC adapter was likewise designed with mobility in mind, affording a smaller footprint than similarly powered laptops.
The new Razer Blade Pro will be available in April in the USA and Europe on Razerzone.com and at select retailers. It is expected to ship worldwide later that month. .
Starting Price: US$3,999.99 / C$5799.99 / £3,799.99 / €4,499.99
- USA, Canada, UK, Germany and France
- Razerzone.com and select retailers: April 2017
- Worldwide: April 2017
- THX® Certified Mobile Device
- Intel® Core i7-7820HK Quad-Core Processor (2.9 GHz / 3.9 GHz)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
- 17.3-in. IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
- 32 GB Dual-Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2667 MHz)
- Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer DoubleShot™ Pro:
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Killer™ E2500 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo audio port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Array microphone
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 250 W power adapter
- Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 7.69 lbs. / 3.49 kg