Pool Nation VR to Launch June 1st on Steam
Seattle, WA – May 24, 2016
After a brief delay to perfect its online multiplayer competition, Pool Nation VR is now confirmed to arrive on Steam for the HTC VIVE virtual reality platform on June 1.
Based on the popular billiards simulation series Pool Nation from developer Cherry Pop Games, and created cooperatively with VR-centric dev studio Perilous Orbit, Pool Nation VR immerses players in the full pool hall experience! Enter the lifelike billiard room to play variants of traditional pool and snooker against humans and AI, throw darts, smash bottles then lounge around a virtual pool hall with friends.
Pool Nation VR Gameplay Features
- Play Real Pool – Delight your senses with an immersive and accurate representation of the sport using motion control and real pool physics (be careful not to lean on the table, it’s not really there)
- No Consequences – Enjoy the pleasure of throwing a bottle at your opponent or breaking one against the wall. We won’t make you clean-up in VR.
- Customize Your Game – Choose from several variations of pool and snooker with popular rule sets, or just hang out and hit some balls in free play
- Online and Offline Opponents – Play against the AI or with your friends globally online
- Kill Some Time – Play VR darts while waiting for your turn at the table, change the music or just explore the bar
- Go Crazy – Grab, stack, and smash objects in the world. Create a tower of bottles, stack ’em high and launch a pool ball at your creation
- Enjoy a Polished VR Experience – Years of VR / AR know-how help provide a fun and comfortable VR space to hang out in with your mates from the comfort of your own home
Available on Steam for the HTC VIVE starting June 1 for $19.99 USD, Pool Nation VR demonstrates more than just amazing pool physics in a VR space. Players will be able to interact with all sorts of objects, create trickshots with plates, bottles and other items in the pool hall, play virtual darts, and take part in the time-honored pastime of throwing empty beer bottles against the wall. With the most advanced proprietary physics engine honed for billiards realism, Pool Nation VR aims to deliver an interactive VR billiards experience and the most chill VR hangout.
About Perilous Orbit
Perilous Orbit is a VR-centric game design and development studio based in Seattle, WA. Focused on creating high quality immersive experiences with partners around the world, we bring together years of experience building amazing games, productivity, and experimental applications for Microsoft Hololens & Xbox. The Perilous Orbit team aims to find FUN as quickly as possible through rapid prototyping and ideation.
About Cherry Pop Games
Located in Manchester, UK, Cherry Pop Games is an independent, multi-platform development studio specializing in pool and snooker games. Its proprietary physics engine has been honed from many years and in 2015 the team integrated it with Unreal Engine 4. Cherry Pop Games’ first title, Pool Nation, was released on Xbox LIVE Arcade in 2012. Since then the franchise has appeared across 5 platforms and has been downloaded over 4 million times worldwide. Cherry Pop Games brings to Pool Nation VR the beauty of UE4, the precision of the Pool Nation Physics and stunning visuals just waiting to be explored.