Multiplayer Artillery Game ShellShock Live Updated to v0.9.1.7, Price Reduced to $6.99
SAN DIEGO, Calif. — June 4, 2015 — kChamp Games is proud to announce a number of updates to its popular multiplayer artillery game, ShellShock Live — which has now reached Version 0.9.1.7 and is discounted to $6.99 on Steam.
ShellShock Live is a strategic multiplayer artillery game centered around using tanks to blow your opponents to smithereens. The game encourages players to keep playing as they level up and unlock new tanks, music, maps and hundreds of upgradable weapons.
Now at version 0.9.1.7 (the game is updated weekly!), ShellShock Live’s developer kChamp Games has added *three* exciting game modes (see below) and reduced the price to $6.99.
- 8-player online multiplayer battles: Team or free-for-all, with several game modes and options; turn-based shooting or all-shot (i.e., everyone shoots at once).
- 200+ unique upgradable weapons: Use weapons frequently to upgrade them to more powerful weapons (e.g., stream -> creek -> river -> tsunami).
- 100+ ranks: Earn XP to level up to a new rank–unlocking new weapons, maps, tank parts, and skill points; use skill points to upgrade your tank and unlock new skills.
- Fully customizable and upgradable tanks: Earn tank parts by leveling up and completing challenges; customize your tank with parts you’ve earned.
NEW GAME MODES:
ASSASSIN tasks each player with eliminating a target. Any damage to other tanks will result in 0 damage. Assassin kills will result in 5 Kill XP + 5 Assassination XP.
JUGGERNAUT has a random player take on the role of the Juggernaut, who in turn gets increased hp and armor. Gameplay is Juggernaut vs. All (up to 7v1).
POINTS rewards a more strategic approach to combat — allowing players to fight each other for points rather than only to the death. The player with the highest score when all players have been destroyed wins the pot!
Of course, old favorite DEATHMATCH has always been there 🙂
NEW FEATURES (Versions 0.9.1.2 –> 0.9.1.7):
- New game modes (detailed above): Assassin, Juggernaut, and Points
- Pre-game rules now have game-mode specific color
- Adjusted full chassis upgrades to yield 40% Armor instead of 50% (e.g., 40 Armor on 100hp match instead of 50 Armor if fully upgraded)
- Game mode notification and rules at the beginning of each round
- Gear tutorial notification for new users
- New sound effects to roughly 50 weapons
- Game mode icon to game slots
- Improved tank and fire graphics and added tank glow visual effect
- Increased frequency of crates
- Backend system for more modes in the future.
- Game option to choose weapon system.
- XP Multiplier, which also affects weapon XP: Distinct game setups can now earn players different amounts of XP.
- XP Multiplier affected by game mode, player count, shot type, and weapon system.
- Reduced Skill Point reset wait time from 30 days to 7 days.
Kyle Champ, founder of kChamp Games:
“It’s been quite a trip from the initial launch of the Flash version of ShellShock Live way back in 2011 to now. With the Steam version almost at Version 1.0, and thanks to the feedback from the community, I’ve set my sights on making it one of the most memorable multiplayer experiences on Windows, Mac, and Linux.”
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
ShellShock Live can be purchased for $6.99 from Steam Early Access and is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux. A bundle that includes four full copies of the game is also available for $19.99.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Founded by Kyle Champ in 2011, kChamp Games is a one-man independent game development studio based in Southern California. Kyle started as a Flash game developer at the age of 17 and moved on to new platforms at the wise old age of 23. With more than 30 million combined plays, the ShellShock Live series is his most popular endeavor. To learn more about kChamp Games, please visit http://www.kchampgames.com/.