FOSTER CITY, CA — April 24, 2015 — Gazillion, Inc., publisher of the critically acclaimed Marvel Heroes 2015, today announced that it now celebrates the release the release of Marvel’sAvengers: Age of Ultron film with one of the game’s biggest content releases since its June 2013 launch. Highlighted by the ability for new players to experience the entire game for free as any one of the core Avengers, new content for the PC action/role-playing game also includes character additions and revamps, movie costumes, new gameplay inspired by the film and more.
Beginning April 24 and continuing throughout the movie’s launch window, new additions to the game include the following:
- Play All Game Content as Six Core Avengers characters for FREE: At no cost, experience the entirety of in-game content as Iron Man (his first time as playable for free), Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye.
- Behold… The Vision! Vision joins as Marvel Heroes 2015’s 47th playable character.
- Nine Movie-Inspired Costumes: Captain America, Iron Man Mk 43, Iron Man Hulkbuster, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Game Mode: Designed for advanced players. Team up in groups to defend the citizens of New York from waves of Ultron Sentries attacking Central Park, then take on Ultron himself at the ruins of the Avengers Mansion.
- Ultron Attacks! Random Events: Ultron Sentries appear throughout normal game modes, allowing players of all skill levels to experience action inspired byAvengers: Age of Ultron at any point during gameplay.
- Quicksilver Team-Up: Quicksilver fights alongside you, taking out enemies with his blazing speed via a newly revamped Team-Up system.
- Scarlet Witch Full Design Review: Many of her powers and mechanics have been redesigned, including new movie-inspired abilities and the addition of an extra-devastating Ultimate Power.
- Hawkeye/Black Widow Mini-Design Reviews: Hawkeye receives his 9-shot rapid fire speed loader thanks to his new quiver, and Black Widow gains new stun batons.
- Play as an Avenger, Get an Experience Points Boost: Just like it sounds.
“Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron inspired content – ‘nuff said,” said David Brevik, CEO of Gazillion and creator of the classic action/RPGs Diablo and Diablo II. “Actually…there’s lots to talk about. Overall, this huge release epitomizes just how dedicated this team is to creating plentiful, regular content that’s not only substantial, but also relevant to the times – this dedication is a big reason our Metacritic score skyrocketed from 58 to 81 in one year. We’ll continue this cadence for as long as our community demands it, be it through huge additions to content like this one, big new events like our recent raid based on AXIS from the comics, or simply our monthly character releases like Vision – with lots others coming soon! There’s already so much game here, it’s ridiculous – we just wanna make it even more ridiculous.”
The Marvel Heroes 2015 update on Friday, April 24, initiated the rollout of this new content, alongside the release of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron in most European countries and other worldwide territories. The gameplay modes are scheduled to go live a week later, closer to the May 1 movie release in North America and much of the rest of the world, and other movie-inspired updates will be added throughout the movie’s launch window. For more information, please see www.marvelheroes2015.com.
Please note: As Marvel Heroes 2015 is primarily focused on the classic Marvel Universe, all characters default to their looks inspired by the comics. All movie-inspired costumes must be purchased separately.
About Gazillion, Inc.
Gazillion, Inc. is a privately held developer and publisher of free-to-play online games for all ages. Gazillion’s games feature revered brands, superior production quality and unmatched gameplay. For more information on Gazillion, please visit: www.gazillion.com
About Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron
Marvel Studios presents Avengers: Age of Ultron, the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.
Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron” stars Robert Downey Jr., who returns as Iron Man, along with Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk and Chris Evans as Captain America. Together with Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, and with the additional support of Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine, Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill, Stellan Skarsgård as Erik Selvig and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, the team must reassemble to defeat James Spader as Ultron, a terrifying technological villain hell-bent on human extinction. Along the way, they confront two mysterious and powerful newcomers, Pietro Maximoff, played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson, and Wanda Maximoff, played by Elizabeth Olsen and meet an old friend in a new form when Paul Bettany becomes Vision.
Written and directed by Joss Whedon and produced by Kevin Feige, p.g.a., Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron is based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series “The Avengers,” first published in 1963. Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Victoria Alonso, Jeremy Latcham, Patricia Whitcher, Stan Lee and Jon Favreau serve as executive producers. Get set for an action-packed thrill ride when The Avengers return in Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron on May 1, 2015
About Marvel Entertainment
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2015 MARVEL