It’s Elementary – Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective On Steam Greenlight
ZOJOI MAKES A CASE FOR SHERLOCK HOLMES:
CONSULTING DETECTIVE ON STEAM GREENLIGHT
Return to the 19th Century and Become the World’s Greatest Detective
and Solve Three Original Cases
Charlottesville, Virginia – January 29, 2015 – In “The Sign of the Four” (1890) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes said, “I cannot live without brain-work. What else is there to live for?” If you agree with the preeminent sleuth in literary history, then you’re in for a treat. Zojoi, the team behind some of the most well-known adventure titles in classic gaming, announced today that its original series, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, is now available on Steam Greenlight for Steam users to vote on. If it receives enough community support, Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective will soon be available on Steam! It’s elementary, my dear.
In 1991, Zojoi (then ICOM Simulations) partnered with board game company Sleuth Times to release Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective for PC, Mac and several other gaming systems. Considered groundbreaking by gamers and critics at the time due to its use of full-motion video (FMV) technology, the game featured the same intriguing storylines and brain-bending puzzles that have remained a staple of all Sherlock Holmes work since Doyle’s character first made his debut.
This re-mastered version of Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective for modern day gamers, is complete with recaptured full-screen video and high-resolution graphics.
Additional features of Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective include:
- All three original case files: The Case of the Mummy’s Curse, The Case of the Tin Soldier, and The Case of the Mystified Murderess
- 30+ minutes of original video footage for each case
- Interact with Sherlock Holmes, his case companion Dr. Watson, and more than 20 other characters (both trustworthy and unscrupulous)
- Search the London Times for clues, peruse Holmes’ personal files, scour the London Directory, and receive hints from Dr. Watson himself
- Present your findings to the Queen’s magistrate – learning how you did against the master detective
- Based on the award-winning board game
- Full subtitle support
For more information about Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, please visit www.zojoi.com/sherlock.
Based in the Blue Ridge Mountains of central Virginia, Zojoi is an independent game developer helmed by industry legends Karl Roelofs and Dave Marsh, whose first title Shadowgate was a smash success on the original Apple Macintosh. The duo went on to create the other titles in the popular MacVenture series (Déjà Vu, Déjà Vu II, and Uninvited) and ported these timeless classics to no less than 10 other platforms. Zojoi’s mission is to create memorable gaming experiences, either with remakes of their renowned originals or entirely new properties.