Hardcore dungeon crawler that brings modern gaming elements to a classical gaming genre
March 12 2015, Prague, Czech Republic – TEAM 21 are proud to announce that the Kickstarter for their single-player PC game, aimed at hardcore RPG fans, Dungeons of Aledorn (DoA) is now live. A modern, spiritual successor to old-school RPG/dungeon crawling masterpieces, it combines total-world navigation and exploration with a turn-based, tactical combat system and utilizes a unique travelling/camping system.
“The worlds created within games such as Dungeons of Aledorn are really complex, huge and ambitious; so for indie projects like ours, crowd-funding is a great way to make it possible. We’ve chosen Kickstarter as, for us, nowhere else offers the same visibility and presence.” said Danny Nezmar, producer. “The campaign is also an incredible opportunity for us to speak with our backers and receive some valuable feedback, which will also allow us to form a closer, more meaningful community, which will ultimately deliver a better game.”
The world of DoA is stricken by war and the once defeated Orc tribes have again gathered their strengths and gained new allies to help them re-conquer their lost lands. It’s a harsh time when deserters and cowards plunder and prey upon the weak and kill on the whim; a world that’s in desperate need of a band of heroes to rally and save the day.
Players use their wits in exploration mode to engage enemies at suitable locations and use the scenery to your advantage to increase your chances of success; whilst managing characters´ actions, even during travelling and camping in order to craft, repair or find useful items or just to protect yourself against enemy ambushes.
- A combination of the time-tested principles of former masterpieces with the advantages of current technology.
- Classical high-fantasy game setting that places emphasis on realism within its world´s rules.
- Start with a ready-to-go party of heroes, chosen from a combination of seven races and six classes – or create your own!
- Branching skills and further specializations.
- Total immersion into an enormous archipelago realm with various climates and landscapes.
- Original and atmospheric soundtrack designed by our in-house composer.
- No more long winded following of quest markers – get your brain ready for intriguing quests with multiple solutions.
- DRM free.
About Team 21
Team 21 is a newly formed indie studio that strives to return to gamers the quality of classic game masterpieces. The team is working hard in their headquarters – complete with in-house audio and motion capture facilities – to create a challenging, fun and balanced games mainly for the hardcore player.