Fenix Furia Now Available On PS4 and Xbox One
TWAIN HARTE, CA – June 8, 2016
The ultimate combination of breakneck speed, addicting gameplay mechanics, and cookie recipes have finally arrived in an award-winning indie game! Green Lava Studios and Reverb Triple XP are happy to announce that Fenix Furia is available now for both the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games system from Microsoft. Formerly known as Fenix Rage on PC, gamers instantly will be mesmerized by the vibrant visuals, fast-paced gameplay and the new split-screen, two-player mode that adds a competitive intensity to near rage-quit levels.
“When you have a dream, pursue it through all sorts of crazy obstacles, and finally achieve your goal, it’s truly a special feeling, as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to make a great game on a major console and now that Fenix Furia is finally here on PS4 and Xbox One, it’s an overwhelming for me – to develop this game from a developing country (Costa Rica) makes me especially proud.” – Eduardo Ramirez, lead developer and co-founder of Green Lava Studios
Fenix Furia Game Features
- New split-screen local Two Player Mode where gamers race-off to see who can finish each level the quickest
- A new characters arises – Undead Fenix roars with rage in Two Player mode
- Easy mode feature acclimates new players to the hardcore platforming challenges ahead
- Nine varied and vastly unique worlds to traverse and conquer, each with dozens of increasingly difficult levels
- More than 200 total levels, each with varying enemies and obstacles to overcome, as well as a cookie to collect
- Rapid-fire gameplay style means no downtime between attempts and deaths (and you WILL die…a lot)
- Addictive nature of play demands your absolute BEST platforming skills to achieve the best ratings per level
- Stylized 2D art style complements the original electronic soundtrack that varies with each world
Step into the shoes of Fenix, a really sweet creature of speed and (blocky) cuteness… then feel his boundless rage. He is pissed! You would be too if your village was decimated by a huge explosion (and your game name was legally blocked!), leaving only two survivors: Fenix and the mysterious enemy Oktarus. Fenix will track down this shadowy villain through nine worlds, defeating righteously brutal bosses and hundreds of minions bent on his destruction, on a mission to return harmony back to his world. And to get cookies.
Winner of the Gamemaker Game of The Year award, Fenix Furia is now available for PlayStation®4 and the Xbox One via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program.
About Green Lava Studios
Green Lava Studios prides itself on combining technology, new gameplay experiences, inventive storytelling, and meaningful messages into completely unique and compelling interactive entertainment. Hailing from lovely Costa Rica, Green Lava Studios consists of an experienced four-year team whose mission is to create fun, memorable, and captivating games for the whole world to enjoy. With several successful titles already under its belt, including “Bonfire Trail”, winner of the “Square Enix Latin America Game Contest Finalist Award (3rd Place)” in 2012 and the Winner of the Gamemaker Showcase Game Of The Year in 2014, Green Lava is one of the brightest young independent developers in Latin America.
About Reverb Triple XP
An extension of interactive entertainment agency Reverb Communications, Inc., Reverb Triple XP provides a spectrum of services customized to focus on the needs of indie game developers. Reverb Triple XP powers up titles that stand out with excellent gameplay, creative design, and that elusive fun factor. Once chosen, our team of game industry veterans works with the game developers to fully understand and play the title, then execute on world class marketing, PR, social, production and distribution services that are fitting for games of the highest quality.