EVE Online’s Tiamat release is now live
Tiamat has followed the Rhea release as EVE Online‘s second feature bundle of 2015.
Tiamat’s additions to the EVE universe focus on the evolving universe storyline, a new tactical destroyer, improvements to our new physically based rendering graphic system, and changes in corporation tools, projectile weapons and more.
Here are some of the changes in Tiamat:
- Minmatar Svipul: The second tactical destroyer to leave the shipyards, the Svipul (pronunciation), brings dynamic transformations between defensive, propulsion and sharpshooter modes to match a constantly shifting space battlefield.
- Corporation Tools: Player corporations receive essential management tools to help them better organize and attract new members, and can now decide whether “friendly fire” will be policed by CONCORD authorities.
- Projectile Weapon Rebalancing: The quality and diversity of projectile weapons and ammunition has been improved with adjustments to small artillery and autocannons in particular.
- Audio and Effects: A large audio engine update brings improved performance, atmospheric sounds for pirate factions, and more visceral turret sound-effects.
- Visuals: EVE‘s new physically based rendering system provides enhanced indirect lighting during warp, reflected light from nearby planets, updated structures and more.
And, importantly, Tiamat also includes mysterious newcomers to New Eden (pictured) — and other things you have to be in space to discover.
Take care, though: They wield some of the most deadly weapons that aren’t fitted to a Titan-class ship.Last year, after delivering over 20 expansions in eleven years, the EVE Online development team switched to an aggressive 5-6 week release cadence that has brought more features more frequently to our notorious and loyal assemblage of internet spaceship pilots.
For further descriptions of Tiamat’s features, see this in-development video.
To learn more about how Tiamat fits into the massive universe of EVE Online, visit the feature page, the Tiamat patch notes, and recent developer blogs.
The next EVE Online release, Scylla, is due out 24 March.