Edge of Space
EDGE OF SPACE LAUNCHES MEGA CONTENT
UPDATE FILLED WITH GALACTIC GOODNESS
Galactic adventurers rejoice! The Edge of Space update that launches today is, by far, the biggest the game has ever received. Beyond all the new shiny gear and weapons players can acquire, crafting schematics have been vastly overhauled to create better experience. Brand new creatures have arrived – some passively indifferent, other lethally prejudiced – including a new World Boss to challenge. With a steady cadence of update goodness coming in the months ahead to the final launch of Edge of Space, there’s no better time to explore the boundaries of space especially with Edge of Space on sale for the price $5.84 (a 55% discount featured on Steam’s Daily Deal today!)
The Handyman Studios development team will be livestreaming today at 4 pm PST on Reverb Games’ official Twitch channel, showing off all the work it has done with this content update. Join us to check out all the crazy content additions and gameplay improvements to Edge of Space.
This content update for Edge of Space delivers a treasure chest packed full of new features, including:
- 18 Armor Sets – 18 distinctive armor types specialized in various aspects of combat, exploration, science research, mining, and much more.
- 16 Weapon Schematics – Pew-pew-pew, BOOM-BOOM!
- Tools Of The Trade – 5 added laser mining picks, four Kits to equip, and brand new devices like the Automated Miner and Grappling Hook
- 5 Creature Types – King Jelly and Headhunter mini-bosses headline a host of new deadly terrors
- 4 Pets – Because as useful as the Firefox can be in dark places, having new pets that offer other abilities is rad
- Improved Tier One and Tier Two Gameplay – Updated player progression, updated loot system, improved spawning rates, and more
- Revamped Research System – Research system has been changed to allow players more freedom to diverge off into specific tech branches
- Death System – Gamers have the choice to regenerate with full health at a cryopod location or regenerate instantly at the cost of 1 cryorod with slightly less health
- New World Dungeon and World Boss – Enter the New Penguin Dungeon and get ready for the long-awaited introduction to the new boss, DJ Penguin
- 10 Added Dynamic Event Scenarios – Randomly generated world events that can be beneficial or dangerous
Edge of Space is an open-world, dynamically-generated, sandbox survival-adventure game. Gamers emerge from a crashed cryopod with only a laser mining pick and the minor gear and immediately start exploring, collecting resources from valuable mined ore, and fabricating survival equipment. Some of the fantastic monstrosities gamers will encounter include cybernetically-enhanced Space Laser Sharks, genetically-evolved Plasma Polar Bears, and deadly-quick Jetpack Space Penguins. At the absolute edge of space, gamers must adapt or die – good luck ArkCo Operatives!
As part of the Steam Daily Deal promotion, Edge of Space is available on Steam Early Access for the limited special price of $5.84 (a 55% discount). Edge of Space is regularly available for the price of $12.99. For upcoming feature announcements, please visit the game’s official Website, playedgeofspace.com, follow the development team at Twitter, and “Like” the game on Facebook.