‘Boulder Dash – 30th Anniversary’ Arrives on Steam for PC and Mac
TapStar Interactive and First Star Software, Inc. have released Boulder Dash – 30th Anniversary for PC and Mac on the Steam store. Over 200 levels of classic arcade puzzle-action, the first level editor since 1987, shareable levels via Steam Workshop support, and a new Hardcore difficulty mode, make this the definitive Boulder Dash game in the best-selling series.
The original Boulder Dash® was created by Peter Liepa with Chris Gray and published by First Star Software, Inc. in 1984. For Boulder Dash – 30th Anniversary Peter Liepa and Chris Gray have each created a set of 20 new levels, their first in over 30 years.
Key features for PC & Mac versions:
- Fully-featured level editor – Create and share your own Boulder Dash levels!
- Steam Workshop – Upload and share your levels with the world, download other user-made levels, and vote for your favorites!
- Hardcore Mode – Falling gems kill you and there are no mid-level continues just like in the original. This brings a serious new challenge to many levels! (Normal and Casual modes are also selectable)
- Control responsiveness and game speed have been fine-tuned for PC gamers
- 220 levels included in the game, with Peter Liepa’s mind-bending “The Bouldering Comp” and the remastered original 1984 game levels “Classic Remix” each available as special DLC
- Gamepad, joystick and keyboard support
About TapStar Interactive
Based in San Francisco with offices in Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, Montreal, Canada; and Saarbrucken, Germany, TapStar Interactive creates and publishes unique and innovative gaming experiences that appeal to a wide range of players. Its portfolio includes original and licensed IP, from location-based to casual puzzle games. TapStar works with talented game development teams from around the world, both for its own titles and for its third party publishing program.